Chapter 7

Matt's pov

"Esther and I have been best friends since I can remember" I started explaining. I could see shock and confusion on Liz' eyes. Her eyes were wondering around as if she was trying to avoid eye contact. "Why?" She asked finally looking me into eyes. "Why are you faking it? Your fans loves and adores you and Esther" "Everyone always thought that me and her are going to get married" I explained and sat on the bed. It was hard to explain this all especially for someone who I have just met. She could go and tell everyone about it possibly destroying my career as well. "We had never seen each other anything else than just best friends and one night when we were hanging out, with few drinks, she jokingly said that we should fake being together. Then we both realized that there is only benefits for us" I saw Liz slowly coming towards me and sat next to me. She didn't say anything, she just listened. "I wouldn't have to worry about the roles I play and she benefit from my possible fame. And so far it has worked. People would have started rumoring that we were together anyway because we hangout alot" I turned my head so I could see her face. She was puzzling and trying to take it all in so I gave her time. "So... that's why you two aren't engaged and you dodge all the questions about it?" She asked with small frown and looked up. I nodded and sighed. "Lately we have been thinking to break it off anyway. Especially my fans are basically trying to make me propose her" I couldn't tell what she was thinking or how she remained so calm. It's like she knew how this type of industry works. "Why did you kiss me?" She asked after moment of silence. Then she pulled away and looked at me with one brow raised up questioning something. "For all you know I could be gay and have major crush on your sister... Thanks for Dom for reliving that" she muttered angrily the last part making me laugh. "Lets say that I didn't think of that" "you? The person who plays the gayes shadowhunter ever did not think that someone could be gay?" I couldn't help but laugh. Of course she had to point that out. I scratched my neck in embarrassment. It was embarrassing to realize my own mistake on such a thing. "But are you? I mean... you seemed to enjoy it" I asked. My heartbeat was fast and it felt like it was about to burst out of my chest.

Next few days went like I was in cloud or dream or something. That night I could barely sleep and I decided that I will steal her number from Dom's phone. I immediately texted her so she had my number too. Thankfully Esther had to fly back to New York so i got at least some peace when I was home. On set I didn't get that. Whole cast, mainly Dom and Emeraude, kept asking what made me be so unfocused. Harry just kept joking that it's just because I have to make out with him. He was saving my ass and I couldn't be more thankful for him for not asking like others. Next time I could see her is her birthday and I don't know if I should get her present or not. Part of me wanted to buy her gift but I had no idea what I could get her. Of course I could ask from Dom but that would bust my sorry ass.