02 | W E A S L E Y S

we've got the vision.
now let's have some fun.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

HARRY ARRIVED ABOUT ten minutes later, his eyes swimming in tears of laughter, still a big grin on his face, telling what happened after Dudley had eaten the toffee Fred had forgotten in the Dursleys house. Not that amused was Mr Weasley, who apparated another five minutes later, his bolt head covered in sweat. But it escalated real quick as Mrs Weasley joined the party, exploding in a salve of screams at her twin sons, before she found the time to fix Ember's hand with a wink of her wand.

When Ember finally joined the Weasleys and Harry in the living room, her sight was immediately taken by a bunch of long red hair. Ginny had flung her arms around Ember, pressing the air out of the girl's lung.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're here", the small ginger sighed. "They're driving me nuts, I tell you!" She stepped back, revealing Ember's sight on the small crowd sitting on the couch. Two of them were Harry and Ron, and of course Hermione Granger, sitting next to Fred and George, both still looking pretty beaten. But there were two unknown new faces, also gingers, and Ember didn't need to be a Hermione Granger to point out who they were.

"Bill and Charlie I presume?", Ember said, grinning. The two older boys smirked back. One of them wore his long red hair in a ponytail, an earring with a fang was dangling from his earlobe. He got up, stretching out his hand for Ember to take.

"Bill", he said, as Ember reached out and grabbed his hand. He was an impressively good looking man, tall and handsome, with an irresistible smile. "So you're Ember? I heard a lot about you."

"If it were good things you heard they're probably lies", Ember laughed, and the second brother left the comfort of the couch. He looked a lot like Fred and George, a bit smaller, and his hair was shorter; his skin covered in freckles, and as he shook Ember's hand, she felt burns and callus in his rough grip.

"Charlie, as you might have guessed", he chuckled. "And yes, we heard a lot of bad things. Like you're hanging out with those two clowns here way too often." He nodded at Fred and George.

"Well, someone has to keep them under control." Ember shrugged.

"Caution, lady", Fred snorted. "You might wake up with a new haircut tomorrow, if you think it's a good idea to make jokes on the kings of pranks."

"Your mother would kill you and hang your heads from the ceiling as a warning", Ember plainly replied, sitting down next to George without looking at them.

"I think I like that girl", Charlie laughed at the dazzled faces of Fred and George. George muttered something under his breath, while Fred threw Charlie a death glare, which his elder brother commented with a wink.

With the house full of people it was even more fun than Ember was used to have when at the Burrow or with the Weasleys in specific, even though being twelve people in a house that usually hardly took nine, it got a bit uncomfortable. Fred and George had to move in Ron's tiny room in the attic, so Charlie and Bill could sleep in the twins' room. Hermione and Ember were sharing the room with Ginny. But a bit of back pain from the nights on a cot couldn't stop Ember's mood from being the highest it ever had been. She simply loved spending time with the Weasleys during summers, but an unfortunate side effect to all this fun was that the time was running way too fast, and in the blink of an eye it was ten o'clock, time to go to bed, as they had to get up in less than six hours for the Quidditch World Cup.

Ember fell asleep in the blink of an eye after that long, beautiful day and Mrs Weasley's delicious dinner. But sleep didn't last long. Only two hours later she awoke to the sound of the door cracking. Opening her eyes she looked around - or at least she tried. It took her a second to notice that something was taking her sight, and that something was glued to her forehead. It was a note. She took it down, turning it in her hands until it met the full moons light.

Meet me by the willow. Now.

She turned it around, but it was not signed. Sighing quietly, she swung her legs out of the bed, leaving the room on tiptoes. The whole house was sound asleep, the only thing heard was Bill's and Charlie's snoring out of the twins room.

The willow was far behind the backyard, and as her naked feet touched the cold grass with every step, Ember was wondering why she was even following the instructions someone had pinned into her sleeping face. And as she finally reached the tree, no one was there. Ember sighed, cursing at herself. Probably this was just another one of the twins' jokes. Rolling her eyes, she turned around, about to walk back into the house - and bumped against something solid. Struggling with balance, Ember fell back, landing on her butt.

"Did you get my note?", Fred asked, the moon enlightening his mischievous smirk, his red hair shining like a fire through the night. He stretched out his hand, and as Ember took it, he lifted her up.

"Of course I got it", she scoffed. "You taped it on my forehead while I was sleeping."

"Sounds like me", he laughed, running his fingers through his hair. "I need your help."

"My - oh, no. No Fred! Forget it!", Ember hissed, raising her hands in a defensive gesture.

"You don't even know what -"

"You want me to smuggle your candies to the World Cup, so you're mother doesn't notice", she snorted, her arms crossed in front of her chest now.

Fred cocked an eyebrow. "How do you - ?" Yes, indeed that was an excellent question.

"I just had a feeling."

Fred's shoulders sacked down, his smirk immediately rebuilt on his lips. "C'mon, Emmie, Mum trusts you! She'd never think of little innocent Ember helping the evil twins."

"Because I won't help you", Ember dryly replied.

"We just want to sell a couple of things", Fred plead. "Really Emmie, it won't harm anyone, it's just that we try to get some money in this house, and I'm sure Mum would not be ungrateful about this."

Charming asshole, Ember thought, watching Fred's softened expression. Of course she was well aware that he was up to driving the pity lane. Unfortunately it worked. Ember would have given all her money to the Weasleys, but she knew perfectly that not even the twins would take it. She sighed.

"What do I have to do?"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·