13 | D E C R E E 24

your eyes they shine so bright,
I wanna save their light.

   "EM?" SHE'D ALMOST reached the door, Susan's hand was already placed on the handle, when his voice, restraint and cautious, called for her

   "We see you at Honeydukes later", Susan said, linking in with Hannah's arm and walked out of the pub. Ember silently sighed, before she turned around, hazel eyes locking with emerald green ones hidden behind circular glasses.

   "Can we talk?", Harry asked, rubbing his neck; Hermione and Ron kept standing by a table nearby, obviously waiting for Ember's reaction.

   "I don't know", Ember replied in a sarcastic tone. "If this is ending up with ridiculous accusations and you yelling at me, then I'd rather not. If you mean actually talk, I might be willing to give it a try."

   Cheeks turning pinkish, Harry glared at his shoes, shifting uncomfortably in his position. "I — erm — actually mean talk", he said. "Alone", he added, and Ron and Hermione flinched.

   "Oh well, then we — we see you later", Hermione piped up, pushing Ron towards the door.

   Ember watched them exiting the pub, then she slowly strode to the nearest table, shoving one of the chairs back to take a seat. Harry hesitated first, but soon enough followed her.

   "I'm —", he started speaking, but Ember cut him off immediately, hissing, "Don't tell me you're sorry, we both know you aren't. You want to talk about Malfoy. And I guess you first war to hear that those rumours aren't true." He just blankly stared at her, not moving, not answering. "I won't lie to you."

   "What have you thought?", Harry sharply asked. "Have you even thought?"

   Ember's eyes narrowed to slits. "Of course I haven't, it just happened, and it was only this one time, it won't be repeated, so can we just leave it?"

   "I just want you to be careful", Harry said, running his fingers through his messy hair. "It was — it was a rough time lately, I — Emmie, I am sorry!"

   Her eyebrows still furrowed, Ember examined Harry's face, his tired gaze, the shadows under his eyes ... Her whole face softened. "I know", she whispered, then said a bit louder, "Harry, I know! But sorry isn't enough. You were sorry every time, but yet were sitting here again, and you're sorry once more. And you will be sorry again and again."

   "I'm —"

   "— worried, yes." She took his hand in hers. "You're worrying too much. I'm not the little girl anymore, Harry. I don't need to be protected from Dudley's friends no more. You need to accept that I'm growing up, that I'm facing problems." She made a pause, eyes locking with his, and the corners of her mouth twitched, as she added, "And that there will be boys."