REAL LIFE

And so morning came.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FLIPPING FUCK IS THAT?"

Val's eye fluttered open at the sound of her best friend's yelling. She tried to get up but felt an unusual weight on her waist and legs. Someone's arm and leg draped over her body. She looked to her left and saw Alec's shirtless chest in line with her face. Her eyes travelled to his face and admired his ethereal beauty. Almost forgetting Toby still standing in the room in shock. She would've been lost if it weren't for Lance coming inside the room to complain about the noise.

"What the hell, Toby? Why are you being so loud? Alex just fucking kicked me out of my be— oh, shit." Lance's eyes widened at the two figures on the bed. He slowly looked back at Toby who was fuming. "Uhm, Toby, calm down. That's Alec, Alex' bro— Okay, gotta go." He started to run back to his room and escape the scene. "Fucking get back here you stupid ass bitch!!!" Toby ran after him.

Val tapped Alec's face to wake him up. "Wake up, Alec. And get ready for some police-level questioning." She tried to wake him up, but this only made Alec's grip on her tighter. "No... five more minutes." He complained, still eyes closed. "Okay but let me go." She rolled her eyes. Alec shook his head. "No, you're like a teddy bear."

"Okay, that's it. Wake up. Up. Up. Up." Val struggled to get free from his grasp which he immediately let go. She sat up the bed and combed her hair down with her fingers. She stood up from the bed and her oversized shirt fell longer than her shorts. She grabbed Alec's shirt and threw it on him. "Okay, I will brush my teeth. I'll be back."

After she finished her morning routine, which was just brushing her teeth and maybe a little facial wash, she went back to find Alec sleeping again.

Rolling her eyes, she grabbed a pillow and continuously slammed it into his stomach, making the boy immediately sit up. "I'm awake! I'm awake!" He announced, raising both of his hands to stop the soft pillow from hitting him.

"Let's go outside. Do you drink coffee? or do you prefer tea?" She asked, faking out a British accent in the last sentence, when she is in fact, British. "Coffee, please." He replied and stood up. "Starbucks it is, then."

Val threw on a new set of clothes, topped it off with a white jean jacket and stepped out of the building with Alec after saying a bit of goodbye to the couple in the other room and asking what they want. They also found out that Toby was called on emergency by the crew for some shooting for his show so he immediately left. Val felt relieved that the interrogation is postponed to when her best friend is calmer.

Alec gave Val a weird look when he saw her put on shades. "What?" Val asked. "Shades?" Alec questioned. Val shrugged. "The sun. I hate it." Alec gasped dramatically. "Oh, forgot you were a vampire."

The pair walked in the overrated coffee shop, already smelling the coffee beans as soon as they stepped in. "Ah. The smell of coffee." Val took off her shades and put them inside her jacket's pocket. "My treat. Just sit down there and I'll handle this." Alec said, pointing to an empty table. "Oh, thank god. Ordering shit gives me so much anxiety." Alec chuckled.

She sat down the table while Alec ordered. While Alec was doing that, a girl, very tall, very brunette, very curly hair, sat down in front of her. It was Zendaya Coleman, herself. "Val!" The short girl almost jumped out of the chair in shock. "Oh my god. Zendaya! You frightened me!" She was screwed. Tom will find out she's here. But he's in U.K. right? With his family?

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought you're in an art school in U.K.?" She said and sipped from her drink. "Oh, uhm, I'll be here. For a while. Yeah." Val couldn't lie to Zendaya, who was nothing but kind to her. Hell, she still have this big crush on her that makes her stutter once in a while.

"So, how are you? Since, you know, you just started not talking to each other?" Zendaya opened up. Val shrugged. "Okay, I guess. I've met some really nice people. Things are getting better for me." Zendaya choked on her drink. "You're dating again?!" Val gave her a tissue. "No," She answered. "I mean, I'm the reason why Tom and I broke up. It was my problem. And that problem, I think I can somehow handle it more than before."

Zendaya smiled and held her hand. "I missed you. We should hang. Have you seen my new movie?" Val eyes lit up. "The one with freaking Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron? I wanted to see it." Zendaya's eyes widened. "Do you wanna see it? My treat!" Val nodded excitedly. "Hell, yeah!"

"Well, I should go. Someone's waiting for me. Busy sched. I'll text you though." Zendaya got off the chair. "Wait!" Val grabbed her wrist. "Is- Is he here? In L.A.?" The standing girl's eyes softened.

"Okay, I got our caff— hey, who's this?" Alec sat beside her.

Alec approached the two, looking at Val and then to Zendaya. "Hey, you look familiar." He observed. "You don't know her?" Val questioned. Zendaya looks confused. "You know him? Who's this?" Zendaya asked. "He's just a friend. Alec." Val answered.

"Yeah, I'm her boyfriend." He corrected and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, making Val's eyes widen. "What the hell are you talking about Alexander?" Alex glared at her, giving her a look that says "just-go-with-it". So, she shot him back a look that says "what-the-fuck-no".

"I thought you're not dating anyone?" Zendaya furrowed her brows, now facing the two, completely forgetting the thought of leaving. Val looked back at Alec and he mouthed 'ex-girlfriend' and discreetly pointed at a girl that recently entered the cafe. The girl was looking over at Alec. Val panicked, a feeling of anxiety rushing through her veins. "I guess I am." She clumsily admitted, making Alec's smile widen like cheshire cat.

"Well, I guess you wouldn't care where Tom is." That was all Zendaya said before walking away, leaving Val speechless and Alec not knowing what just happened.

But before she completely stepped out, she saw the familiar brunette almost coming in the cafe.

He's here.

Tom is here.

i swear we will see tom somewhere in the next chapters