REAL LIFE

"Alec, hurry the fuck up! Z will arrive any minute now." She shouted at the boy that has still not arrived on the phone.

"Okay, okay. I swear I'm almost there." He breathed, catching his breath at every word like he was running. Val rolled her eyes and dropped the call. She looked at her outfit in the mirror once again. She wore a denim skirt, pastel shirt tucked in, topped off with a black denim jacket and some docs.

Val has really changed her fashion choices since before. This was one of the things she discovered and loved now, like make up.

I guess, since it was many months since their break-up, Val has changed. It's like Val is a piece of paper and Tom is the water. Although Tom has touched her-- after they got separated-- after she was dried, she's left in a new form. She's changed. Although wrinkled, she is still her own. Maybe that was supposed to happen, maybe Tom was meant to be with her but he wasn't really meant to stay forever.

Her phone buzzed, she glanced at it to see that Zendaya was already calling. Val muttered a curse word, annoyed that Alec still wasn't here.

"Hey, Z." She answered the phone. "Hey. I'm outside your place already." Val grabbed her bag. "Alec still isn't here though." Val said anxiously. God, where is he?  "Oh, it's okay. I can wait. But the movie will start in like 20-30 minutes."

After three minutes of anxiety, a knock finally came on her door. "Oh my god, what took you so long?! Zendaya is right outside! Whatever, let's go!" She started to run. Alec was still trying to catch his breath. "Oh, we're running again? Okay." He breathed out one last time and ran again to catch up with Val.

Val knocked lightly on the glass of Zendaya's car and gave an anxious smile. She then heard the doors unlock so she got in the front seat because she thought it'd be rude to sit in the back. Alec sat alone in the backseat.

"Hi. I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves. I'm Alec." He said to Zendaya. She smiled. "Zendaya."

"So, you two just met?" Zendaya opened up a conversation while she drived. Val smiled. "Oh, yeah." Alec spoke up. "Yeah, but really feels like it's been a while."

"We were kinda abandoned in a party but thankfully, we're actually quite a good pair. He and I." Val explained. Zendaya gulped, feeling a bit nervous.

"Speaking of pairs. Are you guys dating anyone at the moment?" She played. Val became skeptic of Zendaya's questions. She knew the answer to that already. Unless... she wants to know if Alec's single.

"Oh, no. Not me." Alec confirmed. This didn't relieve Zendaya but she played it cool. "So if you don't know, we are actually gonna see the movie with my cousin, Miguel. Is that alright with you?"

Alec nodded. "Of course."

Val's P.O.V. (This is better in this scene so yeah we get to hear Val's thoughts.)

We arrived in the theatres shortly. There wasn't much people so it'd be perfect to avoid the media on Zendaya's tail. Just outside the cinema was who I assume is Miguel. He wore an oversized hoodie, a cap and shades. He looked to be about 5'8 and he has a rough growing beard.

"Okay, everyone, this is my cousin Miguel. He's a bit shy so don't take it personally if he doesn't talk." Zendaya introduced the guy. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I offered my hand to him. "I'm Val. And this here is Alec, a friend of mine." He shook my hand. His hand was cold. Probably because of waiting so long outside. Alec offered his hand as well and he shook it too.

We got inside and sat on our seats. Alec sat on my left while Miguel sat on my right and beside him was Zendaya. She complained about not wanting to be teased while we watch something she acted on. Alec bought a popcorn for both of us.

The movie started and I enjoyed the first few minutes. It maybe even brought some tears to my eyes. "Are you crying?" I heard a whisper from my left. I turned to glare at him. "Shut up." I hissed. "Because I am." He continued and I looked at him more closely, letting the brightness of the screen hit his face. He really was. I had to admit, it wasn't really that emotional. But Alec shed a few tears. I smiled and giggled softly on his softness.

I was soon eaten by the movie. All the focus I had was on the screen. I sang a long to a few of the songs quietly because I already listened and loved the soundtrack before. Then the song Rewrite The Stars came.

I was lost in the meaning of the song. It reminded me of us— of him. I slumped to my seat, a change of mood flashing over me. What if we rewrite the stars? Say he was made to be mine?

I felt Alec turn to me. He knows. And he understands. I felt my left hand wrapped in his right hand. And he squeezed it lightly, knowing I'd know it was a form of him comforting me. I rested my head on his shoulder and tried to push the thoughts of him away.

The movie ended. And I felt better. It was only when the light came on when I realized that I was still holding Alec's hand and my head was still on his shoulder. I removed myself from his shoulder and he leaned in to whisper to me. "Hey, you alright?" I nodded and whispered back to his ear. "Yeah, thank you." And he smiled sympathetically.

We were snapped back to our surroundings when someone aggresively stood up fast, making his seat snap back up loudly. It was Miguel. He didn't have his shades on anymore. (Well, who watches a movie with shades?) But he stood up and ran so fast that I only got a glimpse of the back of his head. And I was sure. I knew that person.

Zendaya ran after him while shouting for him to slow down so I looked at Alec in confusion. "Should we go after them?" I asked. Alec stood up. "Let's go." And we ran.

We tried finding them but they already were out of sight. I called Zendaya again and again. But there was no answer. It was half an hour later that I received a text from her.

Sorry. Miguel had an emergency. Don't worry about it. Can't drive you guys home. Will that be alright?

it's fine. i hope Miguel's fine.

Okay. Text me when you guys get home safely. Sorry I can't drive you. xx

I frowned and Alec sneaked and took a peek on my phone. He sighed in relief. "Let's go, then?" I nodded.

Alec and I took a cab home to my place. It was late at night. He asked if he could stay the night. I allowed him. Though through the ride, I can only think about Miguel.

Because I was pretty sure his name isn't really Miguel.

-

yup. that's that.