REAL LIFE

"Oh, that looks good."

Alex commented as she admired the dress on the mannequin. She touched the fabric of it. "Hm. Do you think this will look good on me?" She asked me. I scoffed. "Alex, you have goddess genes. Anything will look good."

"I'm gonna try it on." She decided. She headed to the fitting room while I decided to stay and look around for clothes I can buy. I was thinking of buying a stylish jacket.

Walking around the store, I've spotted some possible jackets and a shirt that I liked for me to buy. I walked to the fitting room when— Harrison! I saw Harrison walking outside of the store. I ran outside the store, still having the jackets in my hands, so I stopped as soon as I stepped out of the doors. When I looked around he was nowhere to be found.

"Maam," the guard called me. I sighed. I stopped a step from the door but that was enough to alarm the shop. "I'm sorry. I thought I saw someone. Don't worry. I'm buying these." I said to the security guard and went back in.

"Hey, what happened?" Alex asked as she saw me come in. "Did you decide to shoplift? You're like crazy rich." She joked and I pouted. "I think I saw Harrison, Tom's best friend." We paid the clothes we will buy to the cashier  and went out  of the store.

"Are you sure it was him?" She asked and I shrugged. "I was sure for a moment. But I hope it was him. And he was with him." I sighed. Alex put a hand on my shoulder and grinned.

"Should we get coffee?" I asked.

We went to the nearest coffee shop and got our coffee. I liked mine hot since it was a bit chilly today. Sitting down and waiting for our drink, I realized that this was the coffee shop where I first met Tom.

"Val?" I turned around to see Rachel. "Rachel!" I shrieked, making other people turn their heads at me. "You bitch! I missed you." I whispered and she laughed. I turned to Alex and introduced her to Rachel. Rachel

"This is Rachel. She works here." I said. Rachel nodded. "Yeah, believe it or not, Val used to come here almost everyday before. And then she suddenly just stopped. Where the hell have you been?" I smiled and joked. "This was your fault."

"She's the one who gave Tom my twitter." I explained again to Alex. Alex gasped. "Oh! This is the coffee shop where you first met!" I nodded. "Yeah."

"Wait. Wait. Hold on." Rachel suddenly interfered. "You mean to tell me... I was the one who started your love story?"

Alex grinned. "Yeah, pretty much, right?" She asked me.

I rolled my eyes. "That sounds way too cheesy when you put it that way... but yeah."

Rachel had to leave us because she had to go back to work but Alex and I stayed and talked some more.

"So," Alex started on a new topic. "What do you think of my brother?" She seriously asked. I made a face because of the sudden change of mood. "He's nice." I answered. But Alex seemed to be looking for more. I sighed.

"When I'm with him, I'm comfortable. I know that I've only known him for a while, but I feel like it's been years. He's so keen on listening and he cares about his friends so much. I really appreciated how he took care of me when I pushed him to let me drink. I just feel like it's really nice to be with him." I smiled at the end of my speech.

Alex smiled. "So do you like him?" I snorted. "Yeah, why else would I tell you all those shit?" She rolled her eyes. "No! Like, like-like him." She explained. My eyes widened and my mouth fell open. "Like him? Man, that's scary. No, I don't want that." I whispered.

"I've never had someone that I really thought of that way since Tom." As I was ranting, I noticed Alex' countenance began to change into discomfort and shock. I shrugged this off in the back of my mind and continued on my rant.