REAL LIFE

"We're grown ass men and women and you're telling me we're playing truth or dare?" I asked them.

We all sat together in a circle, a bottle at the center of it. Everyone in the room nodded or agreed verbally.

"You're barely 21, Val." Toby said.

"You still ask me to buy you kinderjoy eggs every time I go out." Lance exposed.

"I caught you watching Peppa Pig thrice." Alex added.

"I found your candy stash." Kento added as well. To be fair, I believe everyone has a candy stash hidden somewhere. Some are just good at hiding it and some are just boring enough not to have one.

"Okay, stop! Fine. Let's play." I said and pouted. They all laughed. Tom sat beside me on my right and on my left was Alex.

"I shall spin first, lads." I claimed and stretched my arm to reach the bottle. My hand touches the cool glass of whatever alcoholic drink it is and spun it clockwise.

The bottle landed on Lance.

"Truth."

"Oh, don't be such a pussy. Just pick dare!" Alex complained. Lance rolled his eyes. "It's Truth or Dare, Alex. I can pick what I want."

"And Truths are for pussies! Are you a pussy?" Toby joined in as well. Lance smirked and looked at Alex. "Well, they say you are what you eat."

Everyone laughed and Alex tackled him and wrestled him. He had to tap multiple times to be let go by his girlfriend.

"Okay! Okay! Back to the lame ass game." Kento announced when Alex and her boyfriend settled down.

"We're gonna spill some tea here so be ready. No wrecking of relationships, I hope." Toby chuckled.

"Anyone can ask a question I can't think of anything." I said. Toby raised his hand. "I'll ask one."

"Alex, I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna ask about Lance and Val." Alex asked for permission. Alex raised a brow but smiled genuinely, "ask away."

"When we were in high school, did something happen between you and Val when you went to her house and I wasn't able to come?" My eyes widened. I looked at Toby with glaring eyes and then looked at Lance again. His eyes were the same as mine. "Toby, what the fuck."

"I am dying to know! You two never spoke about it again and I just couldn't get it out of my mind! I promised myself that one day— one day! I will gather the truth. And here we are." Toby smirked and folded his arms. I rolled my eyes.

Lance sighed. "We tried... getting drunk. And it led to some... some... very explicit things. We think. We don't actually remember but it should be nothing too much." Toby gasped. "I knew it!" He paused dramatically. "You two were almost each others' first!" Val rolled her eyes. "Alex, I'm very sorry about Toby. To be fair, I don't really remember most of what happened that night." Alex laughed. "We all know how you are when drunk, V."

Alec elbowed me slightly. "I didn't know you and Lance were a thing." He whispered. I shook my head and whispered back. "We weren't really. Almost. But nada." Alec then nodded.

"Okay, next."

Alec spun the bottle, it went on and on until it landed on Tom.

"Okay. Truth or dare?"

Alec stared Tom down, almost like challenging him. Tom did the same. Everyone could feel the tension in the air. I coughed to cut it.

"Truth." Tom answered.