REAL LIFE

I don't know why I've gone here. When I jumped on that taxi, all I could say was this place.

I spent the last two nights on Rachel's place, which was weird because I didn't know she had a daughter. A baby. I didn't even know she was pregnant before.

She said she needed a babysitter so I volunteered. I wanted to get away for a while and even though I hate children (not really, they just hate me) this one's starting to grow on me.

"Hey. I know. I know. You're hungry." I carried the baby who was crying. "Do you want your milk? Here it comes." I talked to her and fed her the milk.

I giggled as I watched her drink the milk like her life depended on it. Well, it kinda does.

I heard the door of the apartment click open so I stood up to look who it is. "Hey, Val. My shift at the coffee shop will start in three hours. You can come home now if you want." Rachel has two jobs. One of them's at the coffee shop.

I smiled at Rachel and raised a brow. "You want to get rid of me, already? I thought you needed the help?"

Rachel rolled her eyes and put down her bag. "I know yesterday was tough, but your friends are worrying about you. And go to your classes!" I sighed. Yesterday, Tom and I talked. He texted me to come to Zendaya's place. I did. And well, we talked.

"I've been thinking of stopping. I don't think I'm that passionate of art anymore. I literally can't make anything these days." She raised her brows and made a face.

"Are you kidding me?! You are like the best I've seen! When you used to come to the shop, you at least draw three artworks. Didn't you fight for this? Don't you love art? You just need inspiration. You've changed, Val. That's okay. You just got to draw what you love. Find your muse." She smiled. I was taken aback by her sudden raising of voice.

"You're right." I nodded.

By that time, the baby finished the milk, and she made a sound. "Ye." Rachel and I laughed at the same time.

"Oh. This baby's dad is gonna come in a few hours so you can go now. Like really. Go. Now." I gasped mockingly. "Are you kicking me out? After I bought you Chinese?" I said as I pointed at the food on the table. She nodded. "Yes. I am. Now go."

I shook my head and grabbed my bag. "What the hell. I'm gonna stay in a hotel somewhere, then."

I pouted and grabbed my bag from the couch I've been living on these past two days. "I'm going now."

I walked past Rachel and she slapped my ass. "Yes, go now. You big baby." I rolled my eyes and walked to the door.

"I'm getting my noodles." I said before grabbing one of the orders and went through the door. I heard a faint chuckle from Rachel before I completely stepped out.

I sat on the pavement and ate the freaking noodles. I probably look like shit right now. I'm not even gonna be surprised when someone drops a change in front of me.

When I finished my noodles, I stood up and threw it in the trash. (Be responsible, kiddos.)

What do I do now?

I fished out my phone and got an Uber. It's just noon, so the sun was shining bright. It's California for fuck's sake.

"We're here." I thanked the oovoo javer and paid him.

I walked the sandy beach, my feet sinking lightly every step. I laid down an empty chair and let the sun pierce me with its heat.

Lying down, I think about what Rachel said to me. Find my muse.

Fuck it. I'll think about that later.

I put my playlist on shuffle and listened to some songs. I stared at the sea as I listened. I watched as the water crashes unto the shore and creates sea foam. I adored how the blue sky compliments the waving waters of the sea.

A twist, a tale, a rip through my sail.
And we're made to watch the walls fall down.
'Cause goodbye's too strong, too strong a word
when I'm weak from everything that I'm told.
Yes, I'm weak from everything that I'm told.
And I'm weak from all the things that I know.

To The Sea by Seafret. Are you fucking kidding me? Sometimes I really am suspicious of technology.

Do you think of me when you look to the sea?
I know it's hard to grow when you're pushed to your knees.
I know our time will pass, your love it will last.
Darling, we will never break.

Without a warning, I am easily reminded of our last night together. When we went to the beach together. Before that he sang to me Between The Bars by Elliot Smith and I cried. Then the rain came before midnight.

A sound, a light that rips through the night, now too far away.
But when I follow my heart, it leads me to you
when I'm weak from everything that I'm told.
Yes, I'm weak from everything that I'm told.
And I'm weak from all the things that I know.

Looking back on these past few months, I've been happy by myself. I can say that. But no matter what, I was still searching for something. Still not complete.

Do you think of me when you look to the sea?
I know it's hard to grow when you're pushed to your knees.
I know our time will pass, your love it will last.
Darling we will never break.
Never break, darling.

I was hurting but he was too. I've hurt him. I was selfish. I know that now. And I regret it so much. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I feel like everything is gonna fall apart. I feel like I'm gonna break.

Do you think of me when you look to the sea?
I know it's hard to grow when you're pushed to your knees.
I know our time will pass, your love it will last.
Darling we will never break.

I'm sorry, Tom. And I miss you.

-

a filler chapter. sort of.
i'm back to school in 4 days so i'm trying to write as much as i can.