Something On Your Mind?

"Kobayashi. Kobayashi!" I feel someones hand grabbing my shoulder. It was Takiya. "Y-Yeah?" I asked, in a state of confusion. "Are you alright? You were staring off into space and wouldn't respond to me," he said. I didn't want to admit that I couldn't stop thinking about Tohru, but it was exactly that. "Sorry, I was just spacing out," I lied. Tayaki turned back to his desk and began working once more, and so did I. I had a concentrated look on my face, bit my hands still didnt touch the keys on the keyboard. I couldn't get her off my mind.

"Kobayashi-san, are you sure you're alright? you are doing it again." Takiya said. 'Ugh, what do I say now?' I thought, trying my best to come up with a convincing lie to fool him. "Yeah, Im- Im just not feeling the best today. Just a little tired, Y'know?" I replied, hoping that it was convincing enough. "Oh, well in that case, why don't you go home early today, and I will cover for you. Get some rest, ok?" he said kindly. I went along with it, picked up my bag, and went home.

As soon as I got home I took off my shoes and layed in my bed. " Ugh, it's not normal to think about someone this much, is it?" I mumbled. "Maybe it was something I ate?" Nothing that I had eaten in the past few days seemed suspicious, but Tohru is good at hiding things. Eventually, after a while I layed in bed I heard a knock at my bedroom door. "Kobayashi?" The door creaked open slowly and tohru walked quietly into my room. " I heard that you weren't feeling well, so I bought you some food from a cafe. She was carrying a plate with a crepe and bubble tea. I sat up, "Thank you, Tohru." She sat down beside me and handed me my food.

"Hey, Tohru. There is something I need to tell you..."