Warm Embrace

*Tohru's POV*

"Fu fu fuu... silly Tohru." a voice calls out from behind Kobayashi.
"T-Tohru... h-help me..." Kobayashi says to me, struggling to get breath into her lungs.
"Don't. Hurt. Her." I growl, preparing to transform.
"One move, Tohru... And your little girlfriend is done for." Akane's bright eyes glimmer in the darkness.
I stop, but then I hear rustling from behind me. Kanna lunges out from behind me in her dragon form, and attempts to attack Akane.
"Kanna, wait!" I cry, but it's too late. She's gone.

My eyes snap open. Another nightmare... I start breathing heavily, and the tears flow uncontrollably from my eyes. I glance over at Kobayashi.

" What happened this time?"

*Kobayashi's POV*

I look over at Tohru with caring eyes. I can't sit up, as Kanna managed to roll over and snuggle up beside me. I listen carefully as Tohru explains her dream to me. It must be so awful, having to deal with these nightmares every night. I can only imagine the pain she goes through.

"C'mere, Tohru." I say. She blushes and scoots up next to me.
"Lay down." I say.
"Why?" she replies.
"Just do it." I reply. She lies down and I use one of my arms to hug her and pull her close. Her face is shocked at first, but then she smiles and snuggles up next to me. Kanna rolls over and puts her arm over me. I think back to the picture that Kanna drew on her birthday.

We truly are a family, huh?

Ah, sorry for the short chapter! I told you cute stuff was going to happen! (^ν^)