Chapter 4

Sorry for any mistakes
~

It had been a week since the conference for the award, and it was finally the day that the winner will be announced. But this time they had to travel to the Kanto region. Serena and Alain stopped off at Pallet town and were met by their friends.

"I'm confident in Serena, to win!" May said.

"No Alain, has been unstoppable in his battling" Barry said. Arguments began between the girls and boys. But one person stayed quiet. It was Paul who seemed deep in thought.

"Can we all stop arguing! So childish" Paul said at last. Almost at once everyone sat in silence.

"Ok big man, who do you think will win?" Gary said. Paul paused for a second he looked at everyone's faces, especially Serena's.

"I think Ash will win" he replied and there was a deafening silence around the group.

"How come? I've been the better battler according to the media and nearly every day he gets slated by them" Alain said.

"But that's the media! The fans get to vote not the media. And he's put out his fiery character, which appeals more to younger fans - who are most likely going to vote. And he has a bigger fan base than everyone here combined" Paul said.

This shut everyone up.

"Wow, Ashy boys become smart... he probably getting all the chicks as well" Gary said sounding sad.

"Well he's been with Leaf, ever since he well disappeared" Serena said.

"No way!" Gary said at once.

"You know her!" Serena replied in shock.

"Well Ash always said he had visions or dreams of a brunette girl when he was young child. And then his mom mentioned the name Leaf once. She then came to Pallet for a few years and Ash and her were so close - they were inseparable. But still I don't know how they know each other. Must be family friends" Gary explained.

"Or true love" Brock said with heart in his eyes.

"But I always thought Ash and Serena would end up together" Bonnie said sounding disappointed.

"No way! Serena loves me now, and she's my girlfriend. And I also lover her very much" Alain said I defence.

Serena deep down knew she still had feelings for Ash but seeing Leaf struck her down a lot. She nodded in response and gave a fake smile which everyone bought.

"Well sometimes things aren't meant to be ok, but Leaf is pretty girl" Gary said.

"Yeah She is" Serena admitted.

"Then Ash is a lucky boy" Barry said.

"Speaking of Ash, has anyone met him personally lately? Or does anyone know where he went" Dawn spoke up.

"I met him, well I saw him before he won the Kanto league" Gary said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I was a journalist in one of his conferences and I asked the question do you think you'll win?" Gary said.

"And well I expected a long answer from or an acknowledgement that I am his friend. But all he said was yes I will win 100% and walked out" Gary said.

"This was same in Sinnoh" Paul said.

"Ash has changed" Clemont said.

"A lot" Iris added.

"When he won his leagues he walks off straight away after he gets the trophy, no pictures - just straight of the field" Paul said.