Chapter 24

A/N: I want to dedicate this chapter to @n43543. She always comments after all my chapters, and she always says the nicest things!! So, this chapter is dedicated to you!

Also, I just want to summarize what I found out through my authors note. Most of you like the cover — someone mentioned changing the background from plain white, which I am considering doing. Also, you all agreed to leave the cast alone, and not cast Elizabeth as anyone. So thank you for your feedback! All right, enough... Time for a new chapter! Enjoy!!

-Elizabeth's POV-

I walked away from my brothers and hurried to catch up to the Mikaelsons.

As I approached, I noticed my chest getting tighter again, but I tried to ignore it and push it to the back of my mind. The less I concentrated on it, the less it hurt. 

I finally caught up to them, and Kol was the closest to me. I ran up to him, and linked my arm through his. My chest was on fire from being so close, but I just ignored it.

"Hello there sweetheart." Kol said, wrapping his arm around me. Elijah glanced back and offered me a small smile. Then he frowned and stopped, turning to face me.

"What's wrong, Elijah?" I asked.

"How are you doing this, Elizabeth?"

"Doing what?" I asked, confused.

"Standing so close to Kol, and even me and Klaus are quite close. I can hear how labored your breathing is, and yet you still remain standing, and you stay with us. How? Why?" he asked.

I sighed. "I honestly don't know. I'm just trying not to think about it. When I don't think about it, it doesn't hurt as bad..." I explained. Elijah was nodding.

"And as for why..." I said. "You guys are my family. I don't know what I would do if you died. Even you Klaus. I know I have a real family again, but so far, it hasn't seemed like it — they just seem to have their own agenda against you. You all have been my family for 150 years — even when I wasn't with you, I still considered you family. So, I'm here to save my family. You all know that I do anything for family." I said. 

They all looked at me, Klaus with a look of shock and pride, Kol with a look of loving and belonging, and Elijah with a look of pride and acceptance. I looked down, then up at Elijah, who nodded, and turned, leading the way. Klaus and Kol followed suit, and I followed them.

"By the way, where are we go, brother?" Kol called after Elijah.

"To the knoll near the old witch house." he called. "I saw Mother and the Bennets meeting there, so I'm sure that is where the ceremony will go down."

We all nodded, and continued to walk. I noticed Klaus kept sending me glances.

"What is it, Klaus?" I asked finally, exasperated.

"Oh, nothing, love. Just a bit surprised you consider me family, and that you are trying to save me. I figured you would be part of a plan to kill me, considering how much you hate me." he said, glancing at me again.

I sighed. 

"First of all, I don't hate you — at least not anymore. We'll just stick with despise. As for trying to kill you, one, your immortal. Kinda hard to kill you." They all chuckled at that. "And two, if you die, I die. And I kinda like living. So I'm good with you being alive, as long as you stay away from me." I explained. 

Both Klaus and Kol were grinning at me. I just shook my head, and looked away. 

Yes, I had finally admitted I didn't hate Klaus, but that didn't mean anything was ever going to happen between us again. Even if I wanted it to — wait, where did that come from? I didn't want to get back together with Klaus! I despised him.