Chapter 39

A/N: So, no one thought of the place I was thinking of for the werewolves, though someone (*cough cough* @MrsSalvatore11 *cough*) brought up something that I have been thinking about. She mentioned New Orleans, and that brought to the forefront of my mind 'The Originals'. What does anyone think about mixing in a little of that storyline into this story too? Or should I make that into like a sequel or another book about the same characters – like a spin-off? Let me know your thoughts on it...

Also, this chapter is dedicated to @Itz_someone (again), because she is absolutely amazing, and I love her and her comments!! So, this one is for her!!

ENJOY!!!

-Elizabeth's POV-

“The biggest werewolf population I've ever came across was in Rio de Janiero.” Katherine told me. I sat in silence for a moment, pondering this.

“Well?” Katherine said, sounding frustrated by my lack of response.

“I guess we'll be going to Rio...” I finally said. Klaus looked at me in confusion. I shook my head at him, holding up one finger. He sighed, but nodded.

“Have fun.” she said.

“Oh, and Katherine?” I said, before she could hang up.

“Yes, Lizzie dear?” she said sweetly.

“If your fooling us, Klaus isn't the only one you will be running from.” I answered in the same sweet tone. I heard her gulp before hanging up.

I chuckled lightly before turning and walking back to Klaus.

“Well?” he asked. I sighed.

“Katherine says there is a huge werewolf population in Rio...” I said, shrugging. He nodded.

“I gathered.” he said. It was silent for a moment.

“So, is that where we're heading?” I finally asked. Klaus sighed.

“I think we need to deal with this hunter first, before we go to Rio...” Klaus said. “Besides, if it such a hotspot, we may need more blood.” he said, shrugging while grinning.

“I suppose you're right...” I muttered, not looking forward to going back – I loved being on the road with Klaus, and making hybrids. Klaus grinned at my reluctance.

“It shouldn't take long, and then we will go.” Klaus promised. I nodded, and got up.

“I'm going to go shower and pack.” I said, turning towards the small bathroom. Klaus was in front of me in a flash.

“Mind company?” he asked, offering me a devilish smirk. I giggled, but nodded. He picked me up, and raced us into the shower.

-Time Gap-

After everything was packed and ready in the cabin, I walked outside. The first thing I noticed was two cars. The second was that my stuff was in one, and Klaus' in the other.

“Klaus?” I called hesitantly.

“Yes, love?” he asked, appearing beside me.

“Why are the two cars?” I asked, looking up at him. His eyes hardened, preparing himself for a fight.

“Because I figured you could go to Rio, scoop out the werewolf scene, see if Katerina was lying to us, while I go handle the hunter problem.” he said, shrugging nonchalantly.

I stared up at him, mouth agape.

“Love?” he asked hesitantly after a few minutes silence.

“You really don't want me in Mystic Falls, do you?” I finally whispered. Klaus sighed.

“Not particularly, no. I just don't want to see you get hurt.” he said, looking down at me.

I reached up and cupped his face.

“Klaus, I won't get hurt. And besides, I'm safer with you than by myself in Rio, with werewolves, and other supernaturals around.” I said, pleadingly. “Besides, I can't stand you being in Mystic Falls without me.”

Klaus sighed.

“I guess there is no way to convince you otherwise. Besides, you are right about Rio... Fine, you can come with me. But I don't want you taking on the hunter alone!” he finally caved.

I grinned and gave him a quick kiss, climbing into his car. He quickly talked to the hybrid driving the other car, who nodded then climbed in. Klaus got into our car.

“He'll follow us to Mystic Falls.” he explained quickly. I nodded, and we were off.

-Time Gap-

We pulled up outside the Mikaelson mansion, and Bekah flew out of the house to greet us. She ran to me, squeezing me.

“I've missed you.” she said, backing away. I grinned.

“You too, Bex. But we're only here to help with the hunter problem. Then we have some more hunting to do in Rio.” I said. She frowned, but nodded, taking my hand and leading me inside.

I heard Klaus mutter, “Hello to you too, sister.”, before following us inside. Bekah ignored him.

She lead us into the living room, where Kol and Elijah sat. Elijah smiled and nodded at both of us. Kol jumped up and grabbed me, spinning my around in a huge hug. I laughed as we spun.

“You don't know how much I've missed you.” he said after putting me down. I smiled.

“Same here.” I said, before sitting down next to him. Klaus came and sat on my other side.

“So what happened?” I asked quietly after a minute of tense silence. Kol sighed.

“It's my fault.” he began. “I got cocky and thought I could handle him. I took his chains off, and he snapped my neck when I turned for a second. In my defense..” he added when Klaus glared at him, “...I figured he would be weak from all the blood lose...” he said, cringing away from Klaus' glare. I glared at Klaus, trying to tell him to let up. He sighed, and looked away, murmuring about me being over-protective of his idiot brother. I ignored him and turned back to Kol.

“It's alright, Kol. We will just have to get him back. We did it before. We still have Jeremy, right?” Kol nodded. “Maybe we can lure the hunter back with him. Isn't he his protegee or something?” I siad. Kol grimaced and stayed silent. There was an awkward silence, and I glanced around. No one would meet my eyes.

“What? What am I missing?” I asked. No one would answer.

“KOL! WHAT ARE YOU NOT TELLING ME??” I shouted. Kol flinched. He sighed, turning to look at me.

“He has your brothers...”

A/N: DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

Oh no, not Stefan and Damon!!! He can't hurt them!!

What will Lizzie do? Let me know what you think will happen next...

Also, I know these last few chapters have been kind of short... Let me know if you want longer chapters, or if you like the size they are now.

Until next time!!