Chapter 27

-Elizabeth's POV-

Welcome to Mystic Falls the sign reads. I got a wave of deja vu as I drove into town. I was finally coming back. Granted it hadn't been that long since I had left – I had only been away about a week. But apparently a lot had happened, and that was a main reason I was coming back into town. I had talked to Bekah only a handful of time, just to see how things were going. She had told me how Kol and Elijah had both left, and how Klaus had managed to unlinked them all, by blackmailing Bonnie. She also told me about Finn dying - she sounded sad. Even though he had been part of a plot to kil them all, he was still her brother. So I was pretty much kept in the loop of everything going on. But the last call had made my blood run cold, and had made up my mind on coming back.

*Flashback*

I was sitting in my cabin, alone. I was in the middle of nowhere, and it was peaceful. Just what I needed to think about my life and where I wanted it to go.

I was sitting on my couch, thinking things through. I had my decisions pretty much made, and was contemplating going back to Mystic Falls.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at the caller id, and saw it said 'Bex'. I sighed and picked up.

Hey Bex. What's up?” I asked. She only called if there was some new gossip for me.

Elizabeth...” she started. I sat up straight. She only called me by my full name if something was incredibly wrong.

What is it Bex?” I asked worriedly.

My mother... she turned Alaric into an Original vampire hunter. He has all the speed and power of an Original and he is hunting us all.” she said. I gasped, shocked.

Oh...my...God.” I whispered, horrified. This was not going to be good.

I'm leaving town. Running. I suggested Klaus do the same, but he won't leave without Elena. You have to convince him to leave her.” Bekah urged, scared.

I'm coming back. I'll be there soon.” I said, then hung up. I threw all my belongings in the duffel bag and ran to the car.

*Flashback ended*

So that was how I ended up speeding all the way back to Mystic Falls. I raced to the Mikaelson Mansion. I jumped out of the car, and I heard the sounds of a fight happening in the house. I raced inside, hoping it wasn't Alaric fighting Klaus of Bex.

It wasn't. But it was something just as bad. What I saw before me horrified me.

Damon and Tyler stood holding Klaus' arms. Stefan had his hand rammed into Klaus' chest, and Klaus' was slowly desiccating. I saw Elena laying unconscious on the floor, but I paid her no mind.

“NO!” I screamed, tears flooding my eyes.

Everyone snapped there heads and looked at me, Damon and Stefan with shock, guilt and pity in their eyes; Tyler with only shock in his eyes – he didn't care about me, he hardly knew me. But the worst was Klaus. He had love, longing, and agony in his eyes. Tears were in his eyes as he slowly fell to the floor.

Damon shot me one last look, then went a picked up Elena and rushed her out. Tyler just stood back. Stefan slowly lowered Klaus down, then stepped back and looked at me. I stood there, frozen in surprise and agony. I didn't know what to do. Tears ran down my face. Finally, I moved. I raced over to Klaus' unmoving body.

“No. No. NONONONO!” I screamed, cradling his head in my lap. “Klaus? Klaus! Please! Wake up!” I cried. Stefan and Tyler looked down on me, Tyler with some confusion and a little pity in his eyes, and Stefan with sadness, guilt, and pity in his. I ignored them.