Chapter 36

-Third Person POV-

Several people sat around a campfire. But they weren't normal people - they were werewolves. Tomorrow night was the full moon, so the pack had gathered at their secret spot up in the Smokey Mountains, to prepare for the grueling task of morphing into their wolf form.

There were 6 people in total, 3 boys and 3 girls. They were all fairly young, the youngest being 17 and the oldest being 21. They had all gone to the same school, and one way or another, had found out each others secret and formed a pack. Every full moon, they all met in this spot, to change together and enjoy the freedom being a wolf gave them.

"Did you hear that?" one of the girls, Kylie, asked suddenly. They all stopped to listen. They all heard the snap of a tree branch.

"Who's there?" called Ralph, the Alpha. Suddenly, there was a swooshing sound as two creatures ran around their campsite.

"Vampires." Ralph mumbled, and everybody stood up, and glared as the vampires raced around them.

Suddenly, they came to a stop, standing in front of Ralph. One was a male with blonde hair and blue eyes. The other was a female with raven black hair and blue eyes.

"Who... who are you?" stumbled the youngest, a girl named Tanya. The couple smirked at her.

"My name is Elizabeth." the girl answered.

"And I'm Klaus." the man answered. The group stepped back. They had heard of Klaus - the Original Hybrid who was creating hybrids.

"We don't want to be part of your little hybrid army." Ralph ground out. The two other boys nodded, stepping in front of the 3 girls protectively.

Klaus smiled evilly. Elizabeth just looked over the group, seemingly disappointed with them for some reason.

"Well, my lovely companion here had convinced me to ask your feelings on that exact subject. But since you have already expressed them..." Klaus said, glancing at Elizabeth. She sighed and nodded. Klaus rushed over to Ralph, biting into his own wrist and pushing it into Ralph's mouth. Ralph tried to resist and fight back, but the hybrid was just too strong. 

Once Klaus thought the boy had drank enough, he reached over and snapped his neck, effectively killing him. The others gasped in shock and horror.

"Run." the two other boys whispered to the girls, who ran off into the woods. Before they got too far, however, Elizabeth stood in front of them, her arms crossed over her chest. The girls changed directions, trying to avoid her, but again, Elizabeth stood in their way.

They tried changing again, and Elizabeth sighed before rushing up to each of them and gripping their arms, throwing them to the ground.

They all laid on the ground in shock, staring up at her. One of them, Tanya, tried to crawl away, but Elizabeth came up to her and stepped on her wrist, breaking it. Tanya yelled out in pain, clutching her wrist to her chest.

"Any of you try to escape, more limbs will be broken. I'm not concerned about broken bones, and neither is Klaus. They will all heal during your transition. We tried to do this the nice way, but you all had to be disagreeable and run. So now we have to be the bad guys and force you all." Elizabeth ground out, forcing the girls to their feet.

She held onto Kylie and the other girl, Sky, by their arms, her grip firm and tight. She made Tanya walk in front of her, where she could easily grab her if she tried to run. Tears of fear and pain ran down Tanya's face, and the other two were holding back tears of fear as well.

Elizabeth sighed. "I don't understand why you wouldn't want to be hybrids. You'll be more powerful, plus you don't have to go through the excruciating pain of turning every full moon. I know how painful it is. I've seen people go through it. Why you would want that, I don't know..." she rambled, almost to herself.