Chapter 44

A/N: Yay, finally a new chapter. Sorry for the long wait. This chapter is dedicated to my new readers: @ghost_reader007, @DamonSalvatore_Lover, and @Aistuhh. ENJOY!!

-Elizabeth's POV-

I woke up slowly, feeling groggy. I rolled over and moaned. Then it all came back to me and I sat up quickly with a gasp.

“Easy, love.” came a gentle chiding. I snapped my head to the left, and saw Klaus sitting in a chair near the bed. He had a small smirk on his face as he slowly rose and walked over to sit on the bed near me.

“How are you feeling?” he asked. I sighed.

“Better. My head feels clearer. I still remember everything, but it feels more like a dream than reality...” I explained. I glanced down at my hand and saw my daylight ring. I looked at Klaus.

“How did you find this?” I asked. He smirked.

“I had Kol search every inch of the forest nearby. He eventually located it.” he explained.

“How long have I been out?” I asked.

“About a day.” Klaus said, shrugging. “You needed your rest. You had quite the experience. But, you certainly missed a lot, love.” I was still stuck on the fact I had been sleeping for a day. Klaus stood up to give me a kiss. I started to kiss him back, when those flashbacks that I had repressed for so long came back into my head – probably a result of having them pushed back at me a few days ago. I cringed and pushed Klaus away. He took a step back, and looked at me, hurt and confused.

“What is it love?” he asked.

“It's not you, Klaus. It's... my past. Part of it that I have had bottled up for so long, but came back to bite me during my hallucinations.” I whispered, pulling my knees to my chest. Klaus came over and sat down on the bed, placing his hand on my arm.

“Do you want to talk about it?” he asked. I sighed.

“Not really... but I suppose I should. Keeping it bottled up is doing more harm than good.” I muttered. Klaus nodded, and stayed silent.

“Keep in mind that you are the only person who knows about this, besides me and... the other person in this story...” I said, not being able to say his name. Klaus nodded, and waited for me to start. I sucked in a deep breath, and began to tell him about all that Dmitri had done, from when I met him, to the rape, to the endless torture, and finally my escape. Klaus sat silent, eyes filled with horror, sadness, and most of all, anger. When I finished, there were tears in my eyes, and a few in his as well.

“Elizabeth... I had... I had no idea... I am so sorry that you had to go through that.” he whispered, pulling me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around him and we just sat there in each others arms for a while.

Eventually he pulled away, and I sat back.