Chapter 43

A/N: Just a forewarning – this is going to be a long, and sad chapter, with a lot of bad things taking place... It will get a little graphic. This was a hard chapter to write, and it made me uncomfortable, but I always knew this was in Lizzie's past – it was just a matter of finding a place to write it in.

I won't say enjoy, because you probably won't. This is one of the worst chapters in this book.

If you don't like gruesome, graphic, and hard subjects, you might want to skip to the end this chapter, though in the future, I may refer to some of the stuff mentioned in the chapter... Just a fair warning to all of you.

-Elizabeth's POV-

I was sitting in the chair when I felt a presence in the room with me. I looked up and saw Conner.

“Hello, Sister Salvatore.”

“Why do you call me that?” I asked. He just chuckled and shook his head, not answering.

“Do you see that? Even the big bad hybrid – the love of your life – can't stand to be around you. You are such a disappointment to him, he can't even stick around to help you. Why don't you just end his disappointment?” he asks, mockingly.

“No. He's not disappointed, just trying to help in another way. I will not kill myself.”

“No?” he asked mockingly. He stalked closer, and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

“Not now, but just you wait. In an hour or so, you will be begging to die.” he whispered, then disappeared. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief and anxiety. I had a feeling something bad was about to happen.

I felt another presence and I turned.

“Elena?” I asked. “Really? He is using you to get to me? You aren't worth the cotton in these pants.” I scoffed, turning away.

“Guess again, sweet checks.” Elena purred. I knew then that it wasn't Elena.

“Katherine.” I growled, turning back to her.

“What's up, buttercup.” she giggled, fluttering her fingers. She knew I hated that pet name – she was the one who started calling me that 150 years ago. I growled under my breath. She just smirked.

“Why are you here?” I asked.

“Because I know you hate me – even more then you hate Elena. And I just couldn't help stirring up some trouble.” she said, grinning at me. I grimaced at her.

“Nothing you can say is going to get me to kill myself.” I warned her. “You don't bother me.” I shrugged.

“Oh, I know how to get under your skin, buttercup.” she teased, sauntering over and plopping on the bed. She grinned at me.

“So, you finally found your brothers. How lovely. It must have been awful thinking they were dead – almost as painful as them thinking me dead. You know, Damon never gave up on me. Though, he did you... Hmm, what does that say about you?” she questioned, giving my a fake thoughtful flash. I growled and flashed over to her. I jumped at her, but landed on the bed. She had disappeared.

“Ah ah ah.” she scolded from behind me. She was standing behind the chair now. I growled, but remained on the bed.

“I see I hit a nerve. Why keep fighting? Everybody has someone else has someone to love. Damon and Stefan are both head-over-heels over Elena, and the Mikaelsons' all have each other. Besides, we all know Elijah still pines for me, Rebekah has Matt – if she can win him over, Kol has himself – we know how much he loves himself, and let's face it- Klaus will always love his hybrids and power over you.” she concluded, grinning at me. I growled, and launched myself at her again. She disappeared just as quickly, reappearing by the bed.