Chapter Ten: Return To Sender

"Your mom...?" Natsuki asked.

I never knew my parents...I was put up for adoption before I could even talk so I didn't even know if I had siblings or not.

"That's not my mom Natsuki..." I said.

"Spencer... please...me leaving you was the biggest mistake of my life." Scarlett said.

"Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? You are way too young to be my mom." I said.

"I was...14...I was young and stupid Spencer... please."

I looked closely at Scarlett. I could see that me and her had the same eye color. She had two beauty marks on her lip as well.

"Why? If you really were my mom you wouldn't have left me..." I said.

"Spencer I'm...I couldn't afford to take care of a baby..." She said.

"And you're expecting me to just let you back into my life?" I said a little angrily.

"Spener I'm...I'm sorry I..." Scarlett tried to talk but I walked away before she could finish her sentence.

Natsuki followed close behind me as I rushed out of the mall, leaving Scarlett standing there.

I got back into my Rolls Royce and Natsuki got in the passenger seat. I stared at the steering wheel for a second before I started the car.

"S-Spencer...who was that...?"

"Scarlett Giampa...my mother..." I said. I finally figured out why Giampa sounded so familiar. That was my mother's maiden name.

"Why, why were you so mean to her...?" Natsuki said.

"She left me Natsuki...she abandoned me with nothing, just because she didn't want to take care of me." I said.

I started the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"Spencer are you alright?" Natsuki asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

She pointed at my face and saw that there was water streaming down my face.

"Are...are you crying?" Natsuki said concerned.

"Uh no, just...don't mind me." I said.

I didn't even know I was crying. Tears just started coming out of my eyes automatically.

Natsuki looked at me as if she was about to say something else, but she changed her mind and just started staring out the window.

I pulled up the driveway and got out of the car. I grabbed all of the bags and brought them into the house.

Monika saw me walk into the door and she walked up to me.

"Hey where can I put these bags?" I asked.

Monika was about to talk but Yuri yelled from the kitchen.

"You can put them in my room!" She said.

"Thanks Yuri." I said.

I walked upstairs and I saw Natsuki walk over to Monika.

"Ah shit...she's gonna tell Monika about my mom isn't she?" I thought to myself.

I walked into Yuri's room and set the bags by her wall. I checked her nightstand and to my surprise, there wasn't any knives, any bandages, and no god damn evil books.

The only thing that sat there was a small black pen. I looked around and saw that there wasn't any paper or anything to write on nearby.

"I wonder what she uses that pen for..." I thought to myself.

A dirty thought came to my mind.

"N-No! Spencer you're being a pervert, Yuri is better than that." I thought to myself.

I walked away from the nightstand and saw Monika and Natsuki standing next to each other. Monika had a surprised look on her face.

They watched me as I slowly came downstairs and approached them.

"So what do you guys want for dinner?" I said, trying to avoid the subject of my mother.

"Spencer...is there something you want to talk to me about?" Monika asked.

"C-Can we talk about how pretty you are...?" I said, still trying to avoid talking about my mom.

I thought for sure that Monika's narcissistic attitude would kick in from that comment but it didn't work.

"Spencer, we need to talk about your mother...you can't just let that slip." Monika said.

"Natsuki heard it herself, she said that I was a stupid accident when she was 14 years old. She didn't want me and she put me up for adoption." I said.

"S-Spencer..." Monika said.

"Monika I'm sorry...but she didn't want me. Notice how she suddenly appears back in my life when I hit big money." I said.

"Th-That could just be a coincidence..." Natsuki said.

"Everything happens for a reason Natsuki...someone close to me taught me that..." I said.

I walked away from Monika and Natsuki and went into my living room. I took a seat on my couch and sat next to Sayori. She was staring at a black TV screen.

"Sayori...why don't you turn on a movie huh?" I said.

"H-Hector doesn't like me watching movies without him..." Sayori said.

"Well maybe this can be mine and yours little secret." I said while waving the 2nd part of that one romance movie me and Sayori watched.

Sayori scanned the cover of the movie.

"That's Amore!! The continuation of Wait For Me To Come Home?!" Sayori read the title out loud. "Where did you find this?!"

"Heh I met some French guy and he sold me it." I said.

"Wait...what does 'Thats Amore' mean?" Sayori said.

"It's italian for 'That's Love' it's also the name of a Dean Martin song. I wonder what kind of weird guy would name a movie that..." I said.

"Me too..." Sayori said.

I got up off the couch and put the movie in the movie player I had hooked up to the TV.

The movie started and me and Sayori were glued to it.

It was about some guy that gets in trouble and almost gets killed by some girl with a revolver.

Yuri, Natsuki, and Monika sat down on the couch and watched the movie with us.

"This movie seems oddly familiar." Monika said.

"Agreed." I said.

Soon dinner was ready and we all sat at the dining table.

-----------------------------------------------------------