Chapter Thirteen: Mockingbird

I turned around to see the familiar face of a girl that I really didn't want to see. That face belonged to Scarlett Giampa.

"What do you want?" I said in an annoyed voice.

"Well I was wondering what you were doing..." She said.

"Talking to the only family I've ever had...and now he's dead." I said.

"Oh Spencer...I'm sorry." She said.

"We all are Scarlett, but you wouldn't understand."

"Spencer please...I never meant to leave you..."

"How do you accidentally leave your son his entire life and then just suddenly pop back into it?"

I realized what I just said...Monika said that to me. "You can't just pop back into our lives whenever you feel like it!" Those words echoed through my head.

"Spencer...I made a mistake...but no matter what you think of me...I will always still love you." She said.

I stood up and looked at Scarlett. I didn't know what to think at that point in time. I guess we all deserve a chance right?

"Fine." I said.

"T-Thank you Spencer..." Scarlett said.

She wrapped her arms around me but I kept mine at my sides. She let go of me and I led her back to my car.

"Oh my God Spencer!" Scarlett said while pointing at my car.

"Rolls-Royce Phantom II, there's been a lot of memories in this thing." I said.

"How did you get the money to afford this?!"

"If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya." I said. I felt like I've said that somewhere before...but I don't remember where.

Me and Scarlett drove back to my house. I drove slowly up my driveway as Scarlett looked in awe.

"Is...is this your home?" She said.

"Yeah...well one of them." I said.

Scarlett got out of the car and me and her walked over to my front door. I opened the door and we stepped inside.

I stood by the door and called out the girls names.

"Monika! Yuri! Sayori! Natsuki! Come here!" I called out.

Sayori and Natsuki rushed downstairs still half way asleep while Monika and Yuri came from the kitchen. Monika was holding a coffee and Yuri was holding some tea.

"Mom, this is Monika, Natsuki, Yuri, and Sayori." I said while pointing at the girls with their respective names.

"Guys, this is my uh...mother." I said a little confused. I wasn't really used to introducing my parents to people.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Scarlett said.

Monika shook Scarlett's hand while the other girls scanned her up and down.

"So Spencer, which one is your girlfriend?" Scarlett asked.

All of the girls eyes fell on me. Their stares felt like a million needles stabbing me. I felt like Monika was about to unleash chaos by saying it was her so I improvised.

"Oh no, these are just friends." I said.

Natsuki gave me a death stare while Sayori looked almost disappointed. Monika was still giving me a death stare and Yuri was too shy to show any emotion.

"So you live with four girls and they are all just friends?" Scarlett said.

"Yep." I said.

Scarlett let out a faint laugh and I walked away.

"I need a drink." I said. I began walking over to my liqour cabinet and poured some scotch into a glass. I put the glass towards my mouth until I felt a sharp pain on my ear.

"Spencer I know you are not drinking alcohol!" Scarlett said while tugging on my ear.

"Ow mom stop it!" I said annoyed and in pain.

"You're only nineteen! Where did you get all of this?!" Scarlett said.

"Friend's mom, just friends!" I said.

All of the girls watched as my mom almost ripped my ear off of my head. She took the glass from me and took a drink out of it.

"Wait so you're allowed to drink my liquor?" I said.

"I'm old enough." Scarlett said while letting out a laugh.

I looked over at the girls and Sayori, Natsuki, and Monika were giggling like Japanese school girls. Yuri was still too shy to show emotion...she was probably dying of laughter on the inside though.

I walked upstairs and changed out of my NWG uniform. My heart dropped in my chest when I saw Monika start to talk to my mom.

"Oh shit...what is she about to tell her. Please don't tell her about the NWG...I better leave before things get worse." I said to myself.

I went upstairs and changed into a more casual outfit. I wore a black windbreaker jacket and a pair of blue jeans.

I tied a blue bandana around my head and looked into the mirror.

I recalled about how the color of the bandana would signify what NWG general you were. Blue meant that you're the owner of the infantry division and biochemical division. Red meant that you were the owner of the technology division and information division. And green meant that you were the owner of the medical division and the stratagy division.

I graduated into a general with a medical, infantry, and biochemical qualification.

I walked downstairs and began to walk out the door until I heard my mom call out to me.

"Where are you going?!" She said.

"Probably going to go hang out with Khalil." I said.

"Well aren't you gonna say goodbye?" She said.

"Goodbye." I said annoyed.

Scarlett walked over to me and I flinched when she tried to give me a kiss on the cheek. She reached her hand up to my head and took my bandana.

"You're not a thug Spencer, now be back before sundown." She said.

"Mom...I'm nineteen years old...I think that I can handle myself." I said.

"Your still my son though." Scarlett said while tugging on my cheeks.

Natsuki and Sayori giggled down the hallway and Monika tried her best to hide her laughter.

I walked away and got into my black SUV. I drove over to the NWG warehouse and parked outside.

I got out and saw Khalil, Alex, Vincent, Todd, and Jeremy all working on one of our BTRs.

"What the hell happened?" I said.

"Oh shit look who's back from vacation." Khalil said.

"Not done yet, what did you guys do to Rufus?" I asked.

Rufus is what we named that BTR. After we took down Blackwater (Which was a private military service) we took a good portion of their helicopters, BTRs, and firearms.

That was about 2 years ago. Back when me and Cosgrove were like brothers.

"Three letters: I.E.D." Todd said.

"Alright I'm gonna try and turn over the engine." Alex said.

The engine began to turnover with a whining sound.

"Hold on I got an idea." Vinnie said.

Vinnie hit the side of the BTR with his elbow and to his surprise, the BTR turned on.

Vinnie threw two thumbs up into the air.

"Ayyyyyyyy" He said.

"I don't think our readers will get that reference Vinnie." I said.

"I know but it was worth a shot." He said.

-----------------------------------------------------------