Chapter Twelve: Only The Finest

After about an hour and a half of almost being killed by Monika for being a "Pervert" I got to go back into my room.

Well Yuri's room however. I chose to sleep in there because my clothes were in there.

Monika made Yuri stand outside while I got changed.

"Wait...how am I the pervert when Monika was about to walk in the sauna with me anyway?" I thought to myself.

I just can't win with these girls. I finished getting dressed and met Monika outside the room, who was leaning up against the wall.

"You're lucky I'm even letting you two sleep together after what I saw you do in that sauna." She said.

"I told you it was just a misunderstanding..." I said.

"Whatever you perv..." Monika said.

Oh two of us can play at that game.

"What? Are you just jealous that I didn't grab your chest?" I said.

"You can if you want..." Monika said while pointing her chest out towards me.

Damn that back fired....

"Uh... nevermind." I said flustered.

I walked downstairs and went towards my liqour cabinet.

I poured myself a small glass of Scotch.

"Damn it's been forever since I've had some of this." I said to myself.

I chugged the glass and went upstairs into my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed.

Before I went into Yuri's room to go to sleep, Monika gave me one last death stare.

"You better not try and do anything naughty with her, or else I'll tell everyone about what happened in my office." Monika said in a mischivious voice.

"W-what happened in your office?" Sayori said while walking down the hallway. She was wearing a set of pajamas as she walked over to Monika.

"Well Sayori, you see Sp-"

"SHUSH WHAT HAPPENS IN MONIKA'S OFFICE STAYS IN MONIKA'S OFFICE." I yelled while covering Monika's mouth.

Monika let out a innocent giggle and gave me a peck on my cheek. She walked away into her room leaving me and Sayori in the hallway.

"Don't ask..." I said.

Sayori let out a smile and looked up at me.

"I remember when you used to do that to me..." Sayori said.

She tapped the ends of her index fingers together while looking at them. I crouched down and gave Sayori a kiss on her cheek. Her face turned bright red seconds later.

"Goodnight Sayori." I said.

"G-goodnight Spencer..." She said.

She walked down the hallway into her room. I walked over to Natsuki's room to see that she was still awake.

However her head was under her blanket and she was holding a flashlight.

It looked like she was reading a magazine of some sort under her blanket and she was using a flashlight to read it.

"I wonder what she's reading that's so secretive... hopefully she didn't get ahold of one of my private magazines..." I said to myself.

I closed Natsuki's door and walked into Yuri's room. Yuri was laying on her back reading a book of some sort on her bed.

"Whatcha reading there Yuri?" I said.

"Oh just a book that I found downstairs. It's called 'The String You've Cut' by DelayedMistake." Yuri said while showing the cover of the book.

"Oh that's cool." I said. I felt like I've read a book like that before...but I don't remember where. Maybe Wattpad?

I layed down next to Yuri and layed there while she read her book.

I slowly began to close my eyes. I appeared in a small masion looking place with a large fountain in the middle.

"Odysseus?!" I called out.

Suddenly the angel came around the corner.

"Oh hey" She said.

"I like what you've done with the place." I said in a cheerful voice.

"Oh thanks! I've actually gotten more power ever since the third eye book has been destroyed in your dimension. So I am able to do stuff like this." She said.

"Wait so there's more third eye books in multiple dimensions?" I said.

"Well yeah, but just like you, I have people destroy them. Only those who are truly worthy are able to do it however."

"Boy don't I feel special..." I said.

"Y-Yeah...however sometimes...the people...die..."

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that..." I said.

"Yeah... actually someone just died...I think..."

"Noah?"

"Yeah..."

I walked over to Odysseus and wrapped my arms around her.

"It'll be okay Odysseus..." I said.

"Thank you Spencer...you are always so optimistic...even when you were little." She said.

I let go of Odysseus and looked into her golden eyes.

"Hey can I ask you something..." I said.

"Anything."

"What happened to Cosgrove...?"

"I've only seen power over a human being once before...it comes from one of the Odyssey sisters..." She said.

"What do you mean?"

"I am one of three Odyssey sisters...I think your friend may have been possessed by my evil one..."

"Possessed?"

"I...I think it was Crystalline..." She muttered to herself.

"Who is Crystalline?!"

"I wish I could tell you more...but it's almost time for you to wake up." She said.

"Odysseus wait!" I said while a black wave came over my eyes.

I woke up and saw sunlight shining through my window. It was morning finally.

"Damn it Odysseus..." I said.

I tried to get up but then I realized that Yuri was hugging my arm while she slept.

I slowly removed my arm from her grasps and began to get ready. I got in the shower and brushed my teeth.

I put on a outfit that I only wear on very important occasions. It was the NWG Dress Uniform. On the chest of the uniform, it had various medals. On the shoulders of the outfit, it would show the NWG logo and your ranking.

On the back there would be a tally mark. On my outfit, it showed 124.

I left before the girls woke up and made my way to a familiar park.

I walked to the back of the park to a cemetery. I walked over to the grave of my best friend and sat down.

I looked at his headstone while fighting the pain in my chest.

"Hey Drew..." I said, almost expecting an answer.

"I just want you to know that...I miss you man. I hope whoever did this to you will pay for what they did. Corsgrove is gone...he should've been gone before but I...I failed. It's my fault man...I'm...I'm sorry." I said.

"Why are you talking to the dirt?" A voice said.

-----------------------------------------------------------