Strange Feelings

Castiel's p.o.v.

When Y/N hugged me, I had this strange feeling in my stomach. I wasn't sure what it meant, so I just forgot about it. That was difficult though, because every time I saw her, it came back. I figured it was just my soul acting strange because we are soulmates, but it kept getting worse. Maybe I'm starting to have feelings for her. Maybe it's... Love?

My thoughts were interrupted, when Dean starting talking. "So is Y/N gonna stay with you Cas?" He paused, waiting for an answer, but I wasn't listening. "Cas!" I looked up.

"My apologies Dean, I was... Thinking." I tried to cover up my tracks but Dean noticed and smirked.

"It's Y/N huh? You can't stop thinking about her." Dean teased me and I... Blushed? I think. I decided to stand my ground so I stood taller, showing confidence.

"I am the only angel that was given a soulmate, and I am expected to have these feelings. I just need to get used to them Dean." I spoke monotonously and Dean tried to hide his laughter. "Dean!" I warned and he started laughing louder.

"Cas is in love!" He was leaning against the table to keep himself from falling to the floor. "That's hilarious. He doesn't understand what his feelings mean!" Dean was crying from laughter and I scoffed.

"Dean, I'm sure you've never experienced love before. So I need you to, as you say, stow your crap!" I snapped and Dean stopped laughing. He looked at me, full of shock. My face had a blank expression and I stared at Dean. Dean chuckled softly.

"Okay." He said awkwardly under his laughter. I fidgeted nervously.

"Dean, what should I do?" I looked at Dean worriedly. Dean smiled casually.

"Well, Cas, since you're already her soulmate, you could tell her how you feel and you could ask her if she feels the same way." Dean pretended to know what he was talking about. I nodded slowly and disappeared instantly. Dean sighed and looked around, but I never came back.

Your p.o.v.

You walked into the library and saw Dean looking around. "Hi Dean." You said quietly. He turned around and smiled slightly when he saw you. "Can I go explore outside please?" You asked sweetly and he nodded. You walked outside and headed towards the forest near the bunker. You walked around for a few minutes when you heard wings flapping. You turned around and saw Cas. "Hi Cas... Can I call you Cas?" He nodded.

"It is the shortened version of my name." Cas stated and you giggled.

"I'm aware. What do you need Cas?" You asked and he smiled nervously.

"I was wondering if you had the same feelings that I am experiencing. I believe it's called love." Cas said and you blushed, looking at the ground.

"I, uh, I think so. B-but you l-love me?" You stammered and Cas nodded hesitantly. You smiled. "I love you too Cas." You said but instantly regretted it. Cas noticed and walked over to you, wrapping his arms around your waist. You hugged back and smiled. When you pulled away, you leaned up and kissed his lips softly. He noticed you struggling to stay up because of the difference in height, so he leaned down causing you to stand flat on your feet. He bit your bottom lip softly, asking for entry, and you opened your mouth. He slipped his tongue into your mouth and you didn't try to fight for dominance, because you knew you would lose. You both pulled away, out of breath. You smiled and he returned the gesture.

"That was nice." Cas said and you giggled.

"How did you even know how to do that? You know what, don't answer that." You laughed and grabbed his hand intertwining your fingers with his. He smiled again and you grinned while leaning your head against his bicep. He smiled softly and looked down at you. Little did you know, he was thinking to himself about how he could spend the rest of his life with you. More like the rest of your life.

When you both arrived back to the bunker, you walked down the stairs hand in hand. Dean looked up and smirked. "I guess it worked Cas. Good job buddy." You looked at Cas with a confused look on your face.

"I apologise Y/N. I asked Dean for advice about these feelings." Cas looked down, ashamed. You squeezed his hand to calm him down and he looked at you lovingly.

"That's alright Cas. I understand that you don't know how to handle your feelings. You're an angel for heaven's sake!" You comforted him and you got lost in his blue eyes for a few seconds.

"Get a room! I can't handle this puppy love!" Dean said dramatically. You giggled and Cas tilted his head.

"If you are referring to Y/N and I, we are not a species of animal that has recently been born, and is in love as well." Cas stated and you giggled again.

"It's an expression Cas. It means we are a cute couple." You explained to your adorable, clueless angel. He nodded in understanding and you smiled. "I'm gonna go to my room." You said while pointing in the direction of your bedroom.

"Would you like for me to join you?" Cas asked and you nodded, smiling again.

"Sure Cas. Then we can get to know each other better. Wait... That came out wrong. I didn't mean in a sexual way!" Dean was laughing so hard he was crying. You hid your face in your hands, and Cas noticed. He grabbed your hands and pulled them away slowly. He held your hands in his and smiled softly.

"It's okay Y/N. I know what you meant. I also know that you're not ready for that yet." Cas said quietly, so only you could hear. You smiled and nodded.

"For being an angel, you're really good at comforting." You told him and he smiled that adorable smile. You couldn't help but giggle again. You started walking towards your bedroom and he followed. When you got there, you closed the door and sat on the bed. You patted the empty spot next to you and Cas sat next to you. "What's it like. In heaven?" You asked and Cas thought for a few seconds.

"Chaotic. Why do you want to know?" Cas asked and you shrugged.

"Well, I've been a hunter for my entire life and I didn't know angels existed until a few months ago. I believed in angels and God, there was just no proof so I couldn't be for sure." You looked down and Cas grabbed your hands, rubbing circles on them. You smiled and looked at his ocean blue eyes. "You're so sweet Cas."

"I didn't used to be. I was the rebellious angel that fought on the humans' side instead of heaven's side. I stole another angel's grace after Metatron tricked me and the angels fell. I was heaven's most wanted angel." Cas explained and you nodded, taking everything in.

"That doesn't sound like you Cas. You're the nicest angel I've met. All the other angels just wanted me to help them. But you, you care about me and you love me. You would do anything to help me and protect me. That's a true warrior of God." You said and Cas nodded.

"Well, I try. I never knew I would have a soulmate, and when I met you, I didn't understand what I was feeling. I think I do now." Cas explained and you smiled.

"I've never been in a relationship before, so I might do something wrong." You laughed, trying to hide your embarrassment. Cas squeezed your hand gently.

"When you kissed me, I thought you did well. I've never done that before though, so I most likely did it wrong." Cas said and you grinned.

"You did great Cas." You leaned in and kissed his cheek. He blushed and you smiled widely.

"I think I like the other one better." Cas said nervously and you nodded. You leaned in and kissed his lips passionately. You both had another tongue war and he smiled when you pulled away. "Yes that is much better." You laughed and nodded.

"You're so adorable my angel."

Hi guys! Comment if you liked this chapter. I thought it was cute because Cas finally understands what he's feeling! Anyway it's the weekend so I'll update soon. Thanks guys.
-Ellie