Chapter 6

The rest of the night is nice. It's great having Erik around, even though I know he can't understand too much. He knows that he's supposed to tell my parents that he watches tv and does normal things for entertainment, even though Cosette and I know he really isn't allowed any form of entertainment. After dinner we go back to my room and Erik sits on my bed.

"Did I... Did I do good?"

"You did, Erik. I hate lying to my parents," I start.

"But needed to act like I normal 'cause can't know about Mother. I understand." I kiss his forehead.

"You're so brave to deal with this abuse and then act like everything's fine. You're so strong. I love you, Erik."

"I love you too, Clarkey."  Erik takes my hand and looks up at me with his brilliant green eyes. Cosette glances at us.

"You guys are the cutest couple I've ever seen." Erik and I kiss. Cosette smiles at us and Erik moves closer to me. "Like, oh my God. Y'all are my otp."

"Clarkey, we sleep together, right?" Erik asks. I nod.

"Of course, Erik."

"If I have accident please don't yell."

"I'd never yell at you, Erik," I whisper to him. He kisses my cheek.

"Just making sure. I love you, Clarkey."

"I love you too." Erik cuddles up next to me on the bed and Cosette sits at my desk.

"So, Erik... How exactly has your life been so far?" she asks. Erik blinks.

"Don't remember too much," he responds. "But lots of pain. Mother never wanted me go outside, never let me go places. Kept me locked in my room unless going to school. Dylan hurted me too. Don't remember, though." Erik starts crying. I kiss his forehead and stroke his hair to calm him down. "I so depressed," he whispers suddenly. "Tried to kill myself a few times but failed 'cause I retarded." Cosette gasps. I hold Erik closer. "Mother yelled at me but it didn't bothered me 'cause happens all the time. Still want to die. Can't though. But it okay. I love you." I kiss his forehead and he looks up at me. He kisses me back.

"I just... Erik, promise me you won't try to kill yourself again? Please?" He blinks at me.

"Can't promise nothing," he whispers. "Hate myself too much. I retarded." He shakes his head and looks at me again with his green eyes. "Sorry about that. I annoying?"

"No, Erik, you're not annoying. You're worrying me, that's all. I love you, though," I whisper to him. Cosette sighs.

"Guys, I think I'm gonna go to bed. Don't stay up too late." She pauses. "Also, Clarkson, when should you and Erik tell Mom and Dad that you're dating?" Erik and I glance at each other.

"Never," we both say at the same time. We kiss as Cosette leaves the room. I get off the bed right as my mom walks in the room.

"Do you guys need anything? I'm going to bed. Goodnight," she says. Erik smiles.

"Goodnight, Clarkson's mom," he says in his fake happy voice. My mom smiles back at him and closes the door. I move back to the bed, to my spot next to Erik. I wrap my arms around Erik's waist and he rests his head against my shoulder. "Clarkey," he whispers, "I have... have something to tell you." I stroke his hair.

"What is it, love?"

"I... I have panic attacks. I scared really easily and when I have them I cry and don't talk and rock back and forth. And sometimes I have accidents so that why. I have nightmares too so I need you hold me tight tonight. No one ever does and always wet the bed. But tonight I not gonna 'cause I have you taking care of me." I kiss his forehead.