Just Sugar

"Seriously," Jackson opened my door looking around.

"What if I was naked?" I laughed putting my brush down.

"Don't you have work in like an hour?" he asked looking at my new painting.

"Yes and it takes me 15 minutes to get there," I smiled closing my paints.

"What is this one?" he asked still staring at it.

I stepped back and looked with him. "It's two people," I smiled.

He tilted his head and the 'ohhhhh' rolled out.

"So the one guy has a lot of muscles. Is that your type?" he rubbed his chin.

"Do you know someone or are you genuinely curious?" I laughed walking to the bathroom.

"I mean I would like to help you, but I don't have good gaydar," he followed laughing.

"And that's why you always seem to get hit on before I do," I laughed tossing my shirt in the basket.

"I don't even try! I just want friends," he laughed.

"I know, but I think Sarah finds it hot when it happens," I winked taking my pants off.

"What doesn't Sarah find hot? I mean I didn't know that I'd have to be the one to try and keep my sex drive up," he looked at his face in the mirror.

"She is really horny," I laughed nudging him to get in the mirror.

"You have no idea," he tried popping a pimple.

"Stop! Your skins looking good, don't mess with it. And yes I do. She's loud as hell during sex," I laughed washing my face and hands off.

"Is she really? I feel like I get so focused I don't notice," he laughed trying not to look at his face.

"She is. I promise," I laughed patting myself off.

"Well anyways, I'm going to make dinner. Do you need some when you come home?"

"Only if you don't burn it this time," I laughed.

"Deal," he smiled.

I waited to I heard the door shut and took my boxers off walking to my room. I wasn't ashamed of my body. I was average height and my body wasn't to muscular, but I was toned. I just didn't really enjoy being completely naked around people. My boxers was naked enough and I was comfortable with Jackson. We'd been best friends since we were 7. He was one of the first people I came out too and to this day he still doesn't give a shit. He's also one of my only straight friends to never ask if I was into them. I think he just knew that he wasn't my type. Blonde hair, blue eyes, tan skin, surfer boy body, no thanks. I mean he was cute enough to nab Sarah, but not me. Sarah, she was gorgeous. Latino woman with a cookbook that could kill. I have no idea how he got her, but I'm so glad he did. She's become the best girl friend I've ever had. She doesn't treat me like a little gay purse. She treats me like I'm one of the guys....that she can talk about guys with.

She's pretty much moved in with us now-a-days and I can say it's been pretty smooth so far. However, it'd be nice to find someone for me sometime soon.

I got dressed in my plaid button up and my black jeans. I was the assistant manager to a coffee shop just two blocks away. I was also an art major in college, but we all know I did it because I loved it, not because I wanted to make regular money. I'm hoping to get into an art exhibit soon. New York may be a big city, but it's small in possibilities sometimes.

I finished getting ready and headed down to the shop. It was September so the weather was starting to get pretty chilly. I grew up in Georgia and decided New York was a good move for school. Why nobody mentioned to the southern boy that he's going to freeze to death is beyond me. Thankfully after college when Jackson moved up, I got to watch him freeze to death. I finally understood why people did it.

"Ethan! Oh thank god," I heard Mallory breathe from behind the counter.

"Are you okay? You look like you just got robbed. Shit did we just get robbed?" I asked going behind the counter.

"No, I've just been alone for an hour," she looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"Calm down, it was during our slow period. That's why I did it, so you could try to gain a little more confidence in what you do," I rubbed her arms smiling.

"I'm not very good at being alone," she looked down.

"Not yet, but you will be," I laughed going to the back and hanging my jacket up. I grabbed my apron and walked back out.

"Okay, would you like me to handle customers for now?" I laughed.

She nodded so fast I thought her head was going to fall off. I laughed and started to clean the counter off. I heard someone clear their throat from behind me.

"One second," I chimed putting the cloth down and washing my hands.

"It's okay, I liked the view." His voice. It could have melted me right there. It was smooth and thick of true New Yorker.

I turned and I thought for sure I was going to get a boner on the spot. He was tall, obviously over 6 foot. His eyes were this beautiful deep hazel. He looked like he worked out regularly. He was dressed in a nice button up shirt and dress pants. He was perfect.

"Sorry, if that was to strong," he laughed leaning against the counter a little.

"No, it's fine," I laughed going to the register. I grabbed a sharpie and smiled, "so what can I get for you?"

"Just a medium black coffee," he smiled.

"Nothing in it?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Just sugar for me," he winked.

I blushed setting the sharpie down and grabbing a cup. I poured his coffee and turned around smiling.

"How much?" he asked his smile still very dominate on his face.

"It's on the house," I blushed.

"No come on, I have to give you something," he smiled setting the cup down.

"You could give me a date," I bite my lip regretting it. I'm not supposed to flirt at work, but come on he's perfect!

His deep laugh came out, "what time do you get off?"

"About 9, I know it's a little late," he cut me off.

"I'll pick you up here," he smiled walking to the door.

"Wait," I called.

"Yeah?"

"What's your name?"

"Isaac. And yours?"

"Ethan," I smiled.

"I'll see you then."

"Isaac, what about your sugar?" I pointed to the counter next to the door.

"Don't worry, I'll get some later," he winked walking out.

Oh my god. Did that just happen?

Stick around maybe? I promise it'll be good!