Exhibit

"I must say I do like 7 more than 9," Isaac laughed driving off.

"Sorry I have an odd job," I laughed.

"Do you usually work nights?" he asked leaning against the console while he drove.

"Do actually, I tend to get a lot of mornings, but my boss is out of town for two weeks so I'm all over the place," I waved my hands around.

"So I can get normal sleep next week?" he winked.

"Oh I'm so sorry, Mr. Office Job," I joked.

"Hey now, that office job is paying for another great night," he smiled.

"Noooo. You can't pay again," I nudged his shoulder.

"Ethan, it's easier if you don't fight it," he placed his hand on my knee.

I looked down at his hand and my heart stopped. Such a simple gesture, but I wanted his hand to keep going.

"Why are you so stubborn?" I asked looking at him.

"My only answer is I'm an only child so I wasn't told no a lot," he laughed.

"Only child? I thought Italians had big families."

He laughed a little harder.

"I'm sorry was that insulting?" I laughed.

"No," he laughed. "It's true we do, but my mom had a hard time having children. I was a miracle baby," he smiled squeezing my knee lightly.

"Well I'm happy she did get to have you," I leaned over the console and kissed his cheek.

I could see a slight blush appear. "What about you?"

"One younger brother," I smiled. "He's back in Georgia in college. Freshman," I laughed.

"So you get a lot of drunk calls?"

"You know it." We both laughed as he pulled into a parking lot.

"Where are we?"

"Somewhere," he shrugged and got out the car. I got out and looked around. It was a big building, but it didn't have any symbols or logos along it.

"This is where you kill me?" I asked. "I've seen this before."

"Ethan, just come on," he laughed reaching for my hand.

I took his smiling as we walked in. We walked straight into stairs and up. We finally walked through a door to a large room with white walls. White walls and paintings. Everywhere.

"Isaac," I smiled looking around.

"So I insta stalked you and found out you painted. My friend Miguel is an exhibitor so I thought I'd bring you here," he smiled looking at me. I looked at him to see his was a little worry of my response.

"Isaac, this is perfect," I smiled walking towards a painting. He let my hand go and as I looked back he simply watched me.

This first painting was an abstract clearly painted with a thicker oil base. It was beautiful and rough.

"So are we the first ones here?" I asked moving on.

"We're the only ones."

I turned to look at him. He held a serious face and I was confused.

"So your friend just let us have this place to ourselves."

"I paid him for an hour," he smiled.

"Isaac what do you do?" I laughed running my fingers through my hair.

"I work for a company that sales mechanical equipment to other companies," he smiled.

"I didn't mean literally, but now I know," I walked towards him.

"I make pretty good commission," he shrugged.

"Obviously," I motioned to the room.

"Please enjoy it," he smiled looking down at me as I made it to him.

"I will after this," I leaned up and kissed him softly. He blushed lightly as I walked away and continued to enjoy the room.

You can always get a sense of the artist's from each painting. They tell stories with each exhibit. It's what I hope to create one day. An exhibit to capture everyone.

"Ready?" he smiled.

"Yes," I smiled walking back down the stairs.

"Ethan, would you be upset if I took you home and didn't feed you?" he asked making it outside.

"Not really. Are you tired?" I asked opening the car door.

"No, my father just texted me. He needs some help with my mother. Getting old isn't doing them well," he laughed lightly.

I smiled big, "just drop me off and I'll fend for myself. You take care of your parents."

He opened his door and got in.

When we made it to my place I kissed him goodnight and smiled as he drove off. I knew for a fact there wasn't anything I wanted in my house so I started to walk down the street to the Wendy's.

I started to get a weird feeling though. In New York it always feels like someone is watching you. I got use to it a long time ago, but this was different. It felt more eerie then usual. I kept looking back, but I never spotted anyone. I finally stopped taking a good look behind me, but still nothing. I turned back around and was greeted by dark brown eyes.

"Surprise."

It was all I heard before I was out.

I woke up to a loud noise. There was so much yelling I couldn't make it out. I tried to open my eyes, but they were so heavy. I started to go out again against my will.

I finally came back and this time I could get my eyes open. I heard voices faintly. I sat up to see the door of the room I was in cracked. I tried to listen closely. I finally made out a voice, Isaac's.

"But they don't get it, they've really fucked up this time. I don't give a shit what I have to do I will get every last one of them," he almost growled.

"Isaac, you can't just kill them all. We have to be smart," a raspy voice spoke.

"Dad, they tried to fucking take him. I've only known him a few days and they're already trying," I heard a loud thump.

"You need to be more careful with him in public," the man I'm assuming was his father spoke.

"I'm not hiding anymore dad. I've been alone for so long and he's already made me so happy in just a few days. Dad I can't do this anymore. I'll take out whoever I have to in order to finally love," he spoke a little softer this time. It was as if there was a pain in his voice.

"Just go to him, we'll figure this out."

What were they talking about? And did Isaac say kill? Man his must be pissed at the muggers.