The Office

He fucked Roman? I mean he wasn't ugly on the outside, but his inside was awful. 

"Don't think to much about it," she smiled and patted my shoulder walking out of the kitchen. 

I sat for a moment trying to wrap my head around it all. He knew Roman....like really knew him and now he was on Luca's side. Either Roman was really fucked up or there was more to the story. 

I got up holding my bag of ice to my eye as I walked through the kitchen door. I saw Mr. Esposito walking out of his office. 

"Oh Ethan," he came up and cupped my shoulders. 

"Hi Mr. Esposito," I half smiled. 

"We're going to get this all figured out I promise," he patted my shoulders lightly. 

"I know, your son always reminds me," I laughed lightly. 

"I bet he does.  He learned from the best," he winked and laughed. 

"From everything Mamma has told me you aren't lying," I smiled big. 

"I know I've said it before, but thank you." 

"For what?" 

"For loving my son like he deserves," he smiled and a swore a tear was shed.

"It's a pleasure to love that man," I placed my hand on his shoulder. 

He smiled big. "He's in my office, go see him," he turned and walked to Mamma sitting in the living room.

I walked into the office and smiled looking around at all the bookshelves littered with books and pictures. 

"My dad likes to keep us close," Isaac laughed from a big chair behind the desk. 

"That he does," I smiled doing a full turn. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked leaning against the desk. 

"Better. Your mom knows exactly how to fix it," I laughed sitting in a chair across the desk. 

Isaac pouted and leaned back patting the desk in front of him. I groaned and got up walking to sit on the desk in front of him. 

"Better," he grinned. "But yes my mom always knew how to fix my bruises," he leaned on my lap. 

"Did you fight a lot as a kid?" I asked looking at the pictures of him so small and adorable. 

"Not as a kid, but as I got older. High school was like the starting grounds for mafia work." 

"So people form other groups would fight you?" 

"They'd try," he winked. 

"When did you take boxing up again?" 

"Middle school. My dad took it and he wanted me too. Obviously I thank him now for it." 

"I bet," I saw a picture of him in a suit next to a tall blonde girl. "Prom?" I pointed. 

He turned and looked, "yeah." 

"Was she a friend or just a girl you choose?" 

"She was a really good friend," he sat back in the chair. 

"Did she know?" 

"Only one," he looked at me with a half smile. "She kept me sane till college."

"I'm glad babe." 

He spun in his chair and I laughed lightly. I didn't want to ruin the moment, but I had to know. 

"Your mom told me."

"Told you what?" he laughed stopping in front of me. 

"You and Roman," I spoke quietly. 

"Oh." 

"What was he like back then?" 

Isaac got up and walked towards the door. I watched hoping he wouldn't just abandon the topic. He shut the door and walked back to the chair. He patted his lap and I moved to sit in it. 

"He was a good friend. We had a couple of classes together freshman year and then sophomore. He swore up and down he was straight," he laughed. 

"Don't they all?" I laughed setting my ice pack down. 

"That's true. Once we started we couldn't stop. It was such a stress relief and I loved it, but," he rubbed the back of his neck, "I wanted more."

"You're not very good at the just sex even though you're a horndog," I smiled watching him. 

He cracked a small smile, "no I'm not. Roman didn't want that because he wasn't gay. I mean my dick in his ass say's otherwise."

"Babe, I'm okay with this but not that okay," I laughed. 

"I'm sorry," he laughed nervously. "After I broke it off he started to get pissy and angry. He tried to fight me drunk at a party. Luca was there and he promised him that one day they'd get me." 

Then it hit me like a train, "he was in the group that jumped you." 

It was silent for a moment and I just wanted to hold him and make it all okay. 

"I wanted to be with him. I didn't just break it off easily. I wanted Roman and he decided he didn't want me," for the first time in a long time he shed a tear, "to have the person you want to be with attempt to kill you." 

"Isaac," I moved and wrapped my arms around him tight. He held me tight against him and hid his head in my neck.  

"There are some fucked up people in this world, but I swear to you I'll never do that. You're mine and there is nothing that will stop me from kicking his ass," I whisper to him. 

He laughs lightly against my neck then kisses it softly. "I know you would." 

I pulled his face away and even with a face littered with tears he was still the most handsome man I'd ever seen. 

"I love you," he mouthed. 

"I love you too," I mouthed. 

I leaned into kiss him and I heard the most blood curdling sound. Before I knew it I was on the desk and Isaac was through the door. Everything started to move in slow motion. I walked out of the office as people were running by the door. I walked down the hallway till I saw Mamma. Her face, it said it all. I looked down to see Isaac on his knees rocking back in forth. On the other side of the floor was a man in a pool of blood. I looked back at Isaac and realized how big the pool was underneath him. I walked to Mamma and she clutched me fast. I looked down and my heart sank. 

The mafia king was gone.