Buddies

I woke up with my head throbbing. I laid still for a moment willing myself to sit up. I couldn't tell if it was the hangover or the black eye I had causing the pain. I sat up on my elbows and opened my eyes. One eye however only partially opened. 

"You're up and alive," I heard Isaac's morning voice coming from the bathroom. 

I looked over to see a naked and wet Isaac shaking his hair out in a towel. I hadn't realized how long I was starring until he cleared his throat. 

"You okay over there?" 

"Yeah I think I've just got some morning wood," I went to wink and realized my eye was not going to let that happen. 

He wrapped the towel around his waist and walked over to me as I sat all the way up. He came to my side and cradled my head in his hands. His bottom lip was swollen and the purple around his eye was the getting deeper. I ran my finger over is lip and he winced lightly. 

"That ring really got you," I spoke softly. 

"Trust me baby it got you too," he kissed my head softly and walked to the closet. I willed myself to get up and went to the closet looking in his body mirror. 

"Oh my god!" I cupped my cheeks and brought my face closer to the mirror. My eye and most of the area around it was an awful purple and black color. I didn't even know you could bruise like this. My eyelid was so swollen that I could barely get it to do anything. 

"Ethan baby," Isaac came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. "It'll get better." 

"I look awful," I couldn't stop starring. 

"I don't look great either," he motioned to his eye. 

"Honestly you just look sexy and like you kicked someones ass. I look like someone kicked my ass. People are going to think we fought," I turned my face to look at the good side. 

"Baby everyone knows better and there were multiple witnesses," he moved to stand in front of me. "Do you have any sick days?"

"I do, I've never used like any," I laughed lightly thinking about it. 

"Good, take some like I am and well get healed up in peace."

"I have a feeling it won't be peaceful, but I'm certainly not going to work." 

"Why don't you think it will be peaceful?" Isaac titled his head looking at me genuinely confused. 

"Because we have to tell your dad about Roman and the future of Luca," I looked down not wanting to bring it up. 

Isaac sighed and pulled me into his chest wrapping me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his back and took a deep breath. 

"You're right. We will have to talk about it. It doesn't mean it will be awful. We can go stay at my parents place with all the security and crazy features of their place," he kissed my head again trying to soothe me. 

"I do like their house and honestly I could use your mom's advice right now," I looked up. 

"Why?" 

"She's lived many, many years as the mafia queen. She has all the advice on how to handle whatever war is about to happen."

"War?" he laughed lightly. 

"Yeah it's a mafia war." 

"No one in the mafia calls that it. We joke about it, but we don't really."

"What?" I stepped back. "I've been lied too." 

"I'm so sorry," he laughed. 

"You will be," I tried to wink again. "Damnit."