11. CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA

Just when we walked into the little restaurant, a petite old woman with striking white hair and beautiful jade green doe eyes, came up to Kyler.

"Ky boy! How's my little baby?" she said and squeezed him into a hug.

"I'm good, Nana. I missed you." Kyler replied lovingly, while hugging her back.

"Oh.. and who is this gorgeous young lady? Does my Ky boy have a girlfriend?" she asked excitedly and surprised me with a huge hug.

"She's not my girlfriend, Nana. We're friends." He said.

"Thamasha, this is my grandmother, she's my mom's mom. Nana, this is my friend from school, Thamasha." Kyler introduced.

"Aw... you two make a cute couple!" she stated.

"We're just friends, Nana" He said with a hint of a blush.

I can feel myself blushing. I probably look like a tomato.

"Where's grandpa?" he asked, quickly changing the subject.

"He just went out of town to get some stuff for the house. He misses you too. You should come here more often with the family and Thamasha, ok baby?" She said while adorably patting Kyler's cheek.

After giving our orders, Nana (she told me to call her Nana) went to prepare it, while Kyler and I went and sat at a table in the corner, which was secluded from the other tables. We talked about ourselves and school while waiting for our food to arrive. He told me about his experience at the restaurant and that he currently works at an elders' home near our school. He also talked about his family, who he clearly loves. It was so interesting and fun.

10 minutes later, Nana placed our orders on the table. We ordered two cheese burgers, French fries and two milkshakes. Chocolate for me and Vanilla for him. The smell of the burgers was heavenly. I just wanted to dig in but refrained from giving Nana a live show of Godzilla during dinner time. I don't have money to pay for hospital bills when Nana gets a heart attack after the live show I star in.

After placing our food, Nana went to take orders of some other customers, and left us to enjoy. And I'm telling you, Nana, we are going to enjoy it. Stop your dirty thoughts, pervs! I'm talking about our meals. We're going to enjoy our MEALS. We continued talking and arguing about everything we could think of. We had a major debate about which flavor is the best, chocolate or vanilla, and it went so out of hand, that, Nana had to come and stop it. Sadly, her favorite was strawberry. So, she wasn't much help either.

"You two act like an old married couple. Even George and I don't bicker like that" Nana said walking past our table, shaking her head amusedly.

While eating, I felt someone looking at my food. I looked up to see Kyler, staring at my fries. I kept my gaze on him to make sure he didn't do any stupid th--.

"Leave the fries alone. I repeat, leave the fries alone." I said in my scary voice, like a police officer, which I only use to protect my food.

Kyler looked at me, eyes wide, still holding a bunch of MY fries. He didn't move or put back the fries.

"Give me my fries or I will rip those eyeballs of yours and sell it to the President."

"Ok ok. Show mercy, your highness, please show mercy. And why would the President buy my eyeballs?" He asked, quickly putting back my fries on the plate.

"Who wouldn't want to see the eyes of the devil? You should be proud. They'll display your eyes at the museum. I'll be so famous." I said smugly.

"Why would you be famous. I'm the one who should be famous. They're my eyeballs." He said pouting.

"Don't ruin little children's dreams, Kyler. be happy for them."

"What kind of 'little children', dream of ripping eyeballs?"

"I don't know. Probably the children in hell?" I said questioningly.

And that is how we had our dinner. After thanking Nana and promising to come back, Kyler dropped me off at my place and left, thanking me for the 'awesome' afternoon, as he stated. But it's true. I haven't had this much fun in ages, and I'm glad that I was partnered with him for our project.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N- THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING MY BOOK. IT MEANS A LOT TO SEE VIEWS, VOTES, COMMENTS AND SHARES. IT'S VERY EXCITING. SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR ERRORS.