23. SOME NEWS AND A VISIT

KYLER'S POV

I was in the waiting room in the hospital on Friday with Anya, after school. We've been coming every day, after school to check up on Thamasha. Her condition is getting better. Therefore, the doctors aren't going to do a lung transfer. We came and asked a nurse to let us see her. But she refused it. So, Anya and I went back to our seats and met Melissa, who has become really close with us. Especially with mom. Melissa has been coming and going each day, sometimes bringing the children along.

I've gotten to know Caleb and Lily really well too. I even took them on a ride around in the Ferrari. It made Caleb so excited, he actually started barking, which Lily explained, was a habit of his. Caleb and Lily were also orphans but were adopted by Melissa. I knew that even though the four weren't blood related, they had a really strong connection. I heard a lot of stories about Thamasha from the two kids. She really is an amazing person.

Anya had also become so close to the two kids and it made me happy that she was smiling again after what happened to Thamasha. Even though she and Thamasha had only talked and met a few times, it was evident that they became fast friends.

Anya and Melissa started talking, so, I left them and went for a walk around the hospital. About five minutes later, I got a call from Anya.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Ky! Come quick! Thamasha has woken up! Come quickly." She said in happiness, almost shouting in excitement.

"I'm on my way." I said excitedly, already running to meet Anya and Melissa.

I got to them and saw Thamasha's doctor talking to them with a smile. I hurried to them, to see the two with huge smiles and tears in their eyes. They saw me and Anya wrapped her arms around me.

"She's going to be alright, Ky!" Anya said.

I went to Melissa, who too gave me a hug.

"My baby is ok. She's ok..." Melissa kept repeating in shock with a smile, tears falling from her eyes.

I was still so shocked and forgot the doctor who was standing there, looking calm, looking like he was used to this kind of behavior.

"Would you like to meet Thamasha now?" he asked us.

"Of course we do! " Melissa said and we all went after the doctor who led us through some halls and at last stopped in front of a room.

"This is it. She's still quite tired, so, be careful" the doctor said and left.

"So... Anya and I'll go first. Then you can see her alone." Melissa said looking at me with a hint of a smile

"Um... sure. But why?" I asked looking confused.

"So that you can confess your love for her, Stupido!" Anya said, lowering her voice.

"Wh—what?" I asked.

"Everyone can see that you love her, probably except for Tammy. That girl can be pretty blind sometimes" Melissa said with a chuckle looking adoringly at the door, clearly thinking about her daughter inside.

"I know you love her, Kyler. you should tell her." She said looking back at me.

"Yeah, I know that she likes you a lot too. I've seen the way she looks at you." Anya said to me.

I gave a small smiled, while they first went inside excited to meet her.

I thought of what I should do. I know that I love her like crazy. She makes me feel whole and happy... 'look who's being a poet' I thought to myself, shaking my head. I love her, but what if I hurt her? what if it doesn't work well? What if she rejects me? She hated my player ways. Who would want a 'manwhore'? My thoughts were a mess. I had no idea what to do.

"Hey, you should go inside now. she's waiting." Anya said coming out with Melissa who looked like she was over the moon.

"Hm... ok." I said nervously. I can't remember the last time I was nervous.

"Don't worry, Ky." Anya said looking at me sincerely. She looked at me with confidence. 'When did she get so mature' I thought, looking at my little sister.

"Ok, I'm going in." I said to them.

"Go get her, Tiger!" Melissa said, her voice filled with happiness. But I didn't know if I'll make her happy. I thought and opened the door to the room, to meet Thamasha, my sleeping beauty.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N- THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING MY BOOK. IT MEANS A LOT TO SEE VIEWS, VOTES, COMMENTS AND SHARES. IT'S VERY EXCITING. SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR ERRORS.

PS- Please help me find a better name for this chapter. The one now (SOME NEWS AND A VISIT) sucks!