24. THE END AND A NEW BEGINNING

THAMASHA'S POV

I was looking at the door as Mom and Anya went outside, saying their goodbyes. They told me what happened after I drowned and came to the hospital. I felt guilty for scaring, not only my family, but also Kyler and his family and my friends. 'I shouldn't have gone near the pool' I thought. While I was thinking of everything that had happened to me during this week and mostly about Kyler, the door opened again and in came Kyler. My heart started beating like madness. Good thing he isn't a vampire. I saw him look at me with relief and love? I'm not sure. I must be hallucinating. He had dark circles around his eyes, and he looked really tired, just like Anya and Mom. However, he still looked good in his white t shirt and dark blue jeans. I just wanted to hug him and never let him go.

When I woke up today, the first thing I thought of was him. 'Why couldn't I fall in love with someone in my league and not a hot super model look alike.' I thought sadly, knowing that we were forever going to be in the friend zone.

He came up to me slowly and sat on the chair next to my bed. He took my hand in his and gently squeezed it. He was still looking at my hand and he looked at me and I saw something I never thought I'll ever see. His eyes were filled with a hint of tears. I could see him trying to fight back the tears and at last, he did. He looked like he was debating with himself. I stayed quiet, looking at him. At last he started to talk.

"Hey! How's it going, Sleeping Beauty" he said with a huge smile, with no trace of tears visible. However, I could see that he was a bit sad.

"I've been better, Cookie Monster" I said with a laugh and a small blush.

"You scared us so much. Don't do something like that again."

"I'm so sorry. I crashed into someone and tripped." I said sadly.

"I know. At least you're ok now." he said reassuringly

"Yeah. I see you've met Melissa. I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything."

"That's alright. You weren't ready."

"So, did you meet Caleb and Lily?" I asked, thinking about the kids.

"Oh, yeah. They're amazing. We even went for a spin in the Ferrari. Caleb was so excited." He said with a chuckle.

"That's what I also thought when I first saw your car. He's a huge car fan. Did he bark?"

"Oh yeah. And Lily is such a sweetheart. She and Anya hit it off easily" he said with a smile.

"I can imagine. Oh, what happened to the project?" I asked remembering about the project, which was due on Monday.

Kyler smiled broadly. "We got an A."

"W—WE?"

He nodded. "yep."

"But I was absent..." I said, still confused.

"Remember the time you sent me a recording of your speech?"

"Um... yeah."

"So, I did my part of the speech and then I played your part in class. Everyone enjoyed it so much" he said smiling.

"No kidding! Did you edit the parts where I got stuff wrong?" I asked, hoping that he did.

"Nope. I even left the part where you scold Caleb." He said with a chuckle.

"Noooooo.... I'm never going back to school. I'll just change my name, then go to Mexico and join the circus" I said while hiding my face.

"Drama queen" He said, pulling down my hands which were covering my face and looked at me adoringly.

I smiled up at him and we just looked at each other in a comfortable silence, him, still holding my hand.

"Oh... screw it. I can't wait any longer. I'm sorry for being selfish but I really want you, Thamasha." He said getting up and coming close.

I looked up at him, a bit confused.

"Wh—wha--" I was cut off by his soft and warm lips which crashed into mine. I just stood there, confused but then kissed him back. I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. It was so exciting yet, passionate and filled with something more... something more great and beautiful. But I wasn't sure what it was.

He pulled back and brushed some of my loose strands behind my ear and brushed my cheek, sending an electric surge down my body. "Thamasha, I really love you. I should have told you before but I was so scared of hurting you. B--but, now, after almost loosing you, I realized how stupid I was. I care for you too much... and I hope that this kiss will be the start of something. Not the end." He said with sincerity, hope, fear, sadness, care and mostly Love.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N- THANK YOU SO MUCH. I WANT YOU GUYS TO KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU GUYS. DON'T BE A SILENT READER. VOTE/ COMMENT/ SHARE 😊 NEXT CHAPTER IS THE EPILOGUE.