12. THE RED RIVER AND A PEPPERONI PIZZA

UH!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT???

Oooohhh, someone got up from the wrong side of the bed. You alright? You didn't even come to school.

Uh... no I'm not alright, Mr. Cross.

What's wrong? Are you sick?

Nope. Mother nature came for a visit, and it ain't good.

Mother nature? What do you mean?

You know, she comes once a month and all. Also known as the monthlies, or the red river.

Uh what? What comes on--..... oh...... you're on your period?

Yes Sherlock. Nice guess. It hurts so much!

Oh, that must suck. Do you want something? My mom and Anya usually eat ice cream and chocolates and stuff. It's like a junk food fiesta at our house on that time of the month.

*chuckling* Seriously?

You have no idea. They don't even allow us to touch their food. They get so possessive.

It makes sense! We suffer, so the least you could do is not touch our food!

Yeah, dad and I are like two slaves during those days. We even carry them sometimes. One wrong move and you're dead.

Awww.... That's so sweet of you two.

Did you eat anything?

Yeah. I ate some leftover ice cream.

That's all??? Are you crazy? That's not enough.

I'm good.

So, tell me, what do you want? I'll get it.

No no. that's alright. I can't even walk to the kitchen. I just want to watch tv and sleep forever.

You're so stubborn, Miss Sleeping Beauty.

Aww... you just acknowledged my beauty.

I'm rolling my eyes right now. We just reversed our roles, you know.

Yeah, I noticed.

Hey, I better go. Hope you feel good.

Yeah, me too, Cookie Monster.

Are you coming to school tomorrow?

Uh.... don't remind me! Hm... I'm coming tomorrow. Sadly. Bye!

Bye! See you tomorrow.

*BEEP BEEP*

..........................................................

15 minutes after hanging up the phone and talking to Ella, the bell rang. I dragged myself out of bed, wondering who it could be. Melissa and the children are at a birthday party, so who is it? If it's a stupid salesman, I'll rip that person's tongue out and feed it to the flamingoes. Don't worry guys, I'm putting on a pair of gloves when I rip his tongue.

'#CleanFreaks#FeelingBlessedWithHandSanitizer#FeedingFlamingoes#BeingRebelsInTheZoo#' I thought.

I opened the door to see no one at the door. 'Uh... must be Pervy Joe' I thought and was about to close the door when I noticed a grocery bag on our doorstep. I looked closely to make sure it wasn't full of drugs or something, but came up with a large box of pizza, two huge cartons of ice cream and a bag of chocolates and gummy bears. Oh... and a bottle of coca cola. I couldn't help but smile, knowing who did this. Life couldn't get any better, I thought, looking at the food. Just then, I spotted a note attached to the bag. I grabbed it, already knowing who wrote it.

"To- Sleeping Beauty,

PS-Hope you like pepperoni!

PSS- Get well soon.

PSSS- You are REALLY beautiful, so, your nickname does suits you.

-Cookie Monster-"

I could feel myself blushing while reading his note. I took out my phone and sent him a short text.

To- Cookie Monster,

PS-Sleeping Beauty loves pepperoni.

PSS- THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

PSSS- Yes, she is VERY Beautiful 😉

-Sleeping Beauty-

SEEN 4.15PM

😊 No problem. Have fun.

SEEN 4.15PM

..........................

' Oh, Cookie Monster, what are you doing to me?' I thought looking at the text he sent and smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING PART OF THIS BOOK! IT MEANS A LOT! HOPE YOU VOTE/ COMMENT/ SHARE.