32 POLARITY

I blink a few times, trying to clear my eyes enough to see through the smoke-filled room but it's nearly useless. "Fuck." The word falls from my mouth even though my lips don't feel like they've even said the word.

"You're looking a little worse for wear there, Sean." Trevor chuckles as he pours himself a cocktail behind the bar, it being just the two of us up here tonight.

"Yeah? Well I'm feeling the same way right about now." In truth, I'm not really feeling much of anything at this exact moment.

The last time I let myself get like this was a while ago. A while being precisely when Monica and I got into our little disagreement and I nearly trashed our entire relationship. Thankfully, I didn't plan on getting that bad but I was getting pretty damn close. Things with Monica weren't bad either, actually they were going great. I guess there's just something off with me.

But before I could really let myself focus on that too much I decided to come here. I dropped Monica off for her shift and was about to leave when I noticed Trevor's car in the lot. After a quick internal debate I'd decided to go and catch up with him. That may or may not have been the best decision considering the fact I can't feel my fucking face now.

"I still can't believe you, you of all fucking people, sat down and had a family dinner with your girlfriend's family." He sits down in the leather chair next to me, flicking his cigarette ash in the tray in front of him. "I still don't believe it." He chuckles before taking a drag. "I don't think I could do it."

"Yeah, I honestly thought I couldn't either." Apparently, it would seem that I still couldn't mentally handle that type of situation yet but fuck it, at least I'd tried. "The whole thing was just fucking awkward."

"You said her sister wanted to fuck you too?" I nod and he laughs. "Jesus."

"I guess I don't really know but she was looking at me like a fucking piece of meat."

"But for fairness you always think that."

I arch an eyebrow at him. "Think what?"

He rolls his eyes at me. "You always think every woman wants to fuck you."

He makes a valid point but I just shrug at him not really being able to form one of my usual witty, sarcastic comebacks at the moment. My brain is too muddled for that. "She called me a male Medusa or something like that." I put my hand on my face and rub it. No feeling. None. It's completely fucking numb. "Then later on said something to Monica about wanting to have my babies or some shit like that."

Trevor chokes on the drink he's about to swallow, ending up in a semi-coughing fit. "Wait, what in the actual fuck?"

"I don't even know." I didn't. The whole situation had been a completely new experience, so I'm the last person who'd even remotely know what to expect in a situation like that. "Yeah but the best part is when she fucking hugged me." Sarcasm.

Trevor looks at me, shaking his head. "I swear people have no damn boundaries." He knows just how much I love being touched. "You probably hated that. What'd you do, just run right out the door after that?"

"Nah, but I wanted to." Monica had given me some extremely good head just for putting up with it so I couldn't complain too much. "I almost did during dessert when I was asked repetitively about my parents and my upbringing though." I blow out a long breath of frustration just at the memory.

"What'd you tell them?" He takes another swig from his tumbler.

"I kept it as vague and as normal sounding as I could. Ultimately I just said both of my parents were dead." Any time anyone asks about my childhood or my family I always tell them that. It usually makes people drop the topic immediately, which is exactly the point.