Chapter Four

Charlotte felt off. The entire car ride home, Raven stared at her in silence, giving her cold chills. Why was the demon here in human form with her sister? Did everyone really not notice something was different about her?

As she walked through the door to her room, she ushered her hovering father and sister out and assured the two she was fine and just wanted some time to think. As she closed the door behind them, the realization stopped her dead in her tracks. I... I know why she's here. She's here to take my sister's soul... like she promised. And she's made it so I can't tell anyone. Her eyes welled up at the thought and she began to sob. At that moment, the door opened and in walked Raven, smiling at her tears.

"Hello Charlotte. Did you get a bit tongue tied back there?"

Charlotte glared fiercely at the goth girl as the latter looked back smugly, barely restrained rage evident on her face. "You. Are. Not. Taking. My. Sister."

"Too late, dear. Her soul is mine already."

Charlotte's face paled and she sputtered. "N-no... it... it can't be true. Y-you can't already have her soul." Her mouth gaped and despair filled her countenance.

Raven looked at her contentedly. "I do. And it was so sweet taking it. She really does have such a beautiful one. So pure... but not for long."

Charlotte's eyes narrowed. "So help me, if you touch her-"

Raven laughed jovially. "You'll do what? Another ritual? Oh yes, please do try. I can guarantee you it won't work." She smiled cruelly. "Also, you won't be able to tell anyone who I am or what I did to you. Every time you try, you'll find your voice disappears. That's my doing, darling."

Charlotte's lip trembled and she turned away in defeat. With that, Raven opened the door and walked out, calling out over her shoulder. "Enjoy your night, Charlotte. I'm sure I'll see you soon."

Heading down the short hallway, Raven strolled through the door of Pandora's room, catching her off guard. She was sitting on her bed, reading a fantasy novel. Raven peered at the title and nodded.

"I've read that one, it's quite well written."

Pandora looked at her in shock. "Demons read books?"

Raven chuckled. "Not all of us have an interest in literature, but I for one love to read. It's my favorite past time." She paused. "Besides tainting innocent girls' souls."

Pandora blushed at that and hid behind her book. Raven lay elegantly down on the bed next to her, pulling her down and flush against her. Pandora's breath hitched at the contact.

"Don't forget, dear one, you need to be with me to stay whole. Your soul is inside me, after all."

"I... I know..." Pandora took a deep breath and flushed once again. "Um... where will you sleep now that you're in human form? I mean, do demons sleep?"

"Not usually, but I will get tired in this form and need rest. As for the rest of your question, I'll sleep here with you."

Pandora looked shocked. "But... my dad..."

"As far as he knows, we've always done it this way. We're just... very close." She buried her face in Pandora's hair and breathed in her scent. "I love the smell of someone so pure being tainted by darkness." She stroked her hair softly. "When I decide it's time for you to die, you'll come to the demon realm with me. How I'm looking forward to that. There are so many things I can do with my powers that I'm limited by here in this realm."

Raven gripped her wrists and held them above her head. "I could tie you up and hang you over hellfire, for one."

Pandora's face paled in shock, and she turned in her direction. Raven laughed at her expression. "I'm only joking. I don't often extend much humor, but when I do others usually have a difficult time understanding my sense of it. The things we will do in the next life shall remain a secret until then. I'm sure you'll like them, however. Or, at least, certain parts of you will."