><> Chapter Three <><

The following morning I watched a very hungover Rosie sit at my breakfast table wearing my diamanté sunglasses. She brought the spoon of Coco Pops closer to her mouth and then gagged.

"I can't."

She pushed the bowl away and rested her head in her arms. "My life is over," she said miserably.

"No!" I cried. "It was just one night. Who cares?"

"Will cares. I care," she sniffed.

"Well, Will only cares because he likes you and he was worried about you. He seemed devastated," I reassured Rosie, reaching across the table and putting a hand on her arm.

"Yeah, so why hasn't he written back?" she mumbled.

Rosie had sent an embarrassed, apologetic text as soon as she woke up.

"It's ten a.m." I offered.

"Yeah. Okay."

We sat silently for five seconds before she erupted all over again.

"Oh, my God!"

I felt so bad for Rosie. I could see and feel her pain.

"Look, you threw up, Rose. Do you think you're the first person in the world to do that?"

"On a first date, yes."

"No, I bet it happens all the time. In fact, I bet right now, this very second, someone is vomiting on a first date."

Rosie looked up at me hopefully, and the sunglasses slipped down her nose. She scrunched up her face at the bright June light, which flooded into the room.

I giggled and reached out, propping the sunglasses back up over her eyes.

"Now turn that frown upside down," I urged. Rosie smiled. "And to be honest with you, Rose, this is all his fault in the first place so, if he doesn't call again-"

"Doesn't call again?" she said, wide eyed. "Like ever?"

"Umm..." I racked my brain for comforting words. I was going to say if he doesn't call again then he was a prize arse, but a new idea popped into my mind. "Okay, if he doesn't call again, then we'll just have to make him really jealous," I continued. "Like, unbearably! So that he can't live with himself."

Rosie looked at me hopefully, "Like, how?"

"Like..." I paused, scanning my brain for ideas. "Instagram loads of pictures of you with other hot men."

Rosie was smiling now, "Yes, my brother's friends! We will make him sweat!"

I grinned, "Yes! Operation Sweat."

Rosie clapped her hands. "I love it!"

"Trust me; they do not like another man on their territory," I continued, knowledgably. "Just look at Allan. He only knew me an hour and he thought he owned me."

"I can't believe him!" screamed Rosie. "He got all jealous when you didn't even like him in the first place."

"Exactly!" I cried.

"And all you did was simply talk to another man."

My smile froze suddenly as I thought back to my bizarre sea-romance last night. "I had a real connection with that guy," I said.

"Yeah but you only met him for a little while," laughed Rosie, "less than Allan knew you!"

"That's what was so weird about it," I replied staring dreamily ahead. "It was like..."