Chapter 29

3rd P.O.V.

Angie was busy packing since she had agreed to go to Kiev with Gareth and others. Since Geo and kids were also going, she was joining them. The two women had become really close and the kids loved their Aunt Angie.

Everyone was excited and worried at the same time. She could see it on everyone's face as they all checked in at the hotel. All the team members along with their families were staying here. Tomorrow was a big day for the team and the family and friends could do nothing more than offer moral support and reassurance. The team was on its way to make history. Three consecutive Champions League titles and their fourth in five years would be a dream come true for everyone.

The only ones truly excited were the kids. They were busy running around, making new friends and driving their mothers absolutely crazy. It was chaotic but there was a beauty in this chaos and Angie felt lucky to be a part of that beautiful chaos.

Soon she was inside her room, refreshed and relaxed. She was sharing a room with Gareth, who was currently showering. She was grateful to Cristiano for clearing up their misunderstanding and Gareth's friend even talked to her when she had called to wish him luck. She had apologized and promised to make it up to Angie the next time she came to visit. Now the only thing Angie was worried about was meeting Gareth's parents. They hadn't exactly put a label on their relationship yet. What if they thought that she was just a slut who was sleeping around with their son?

Apart from that, day after tomorrow was the Champions League final! She was scared for her team as thousands of what-ifs went around in her mind. Real Madrid has always been her favourite club ever since she had started watching football. She has grown with that club. Every trophy they have lifted, she has lifted it with them. At every loss, she has cried and at every win, she has celebrated with them. She has cheered for them and then she has also mourned with them. Every pass, every goal, every fall and every save, at each moment her heart has beaten with them. For her, this was not just a choice but a way of life. And all of that had been when she didn't even know them but now? Now, the stakes were higher. Now she knew them. Now this team was less than a team and more like a family to her. and she knew how much they wanted this. She only prayed that everything would go in their favour on the day.

All these thoughts kept going around her head making her even more anxious and Angie was so lost in her thoughts about everything that she didn't even notice Gareth come out of the bathroom, wearing just a pair of sweatpants.

"What you thinking there?" Gareth said as he stood in front of her, startling her. "No-nothing." She stuttered out, her cheeks going scarlet. Gareth chuckled, clearly knowing what his shirtless-self was doing to her.

"I was thinking about ordering dinner, what do you wanna eat?" He asked still standing in front of her. "Anything's fine and for God's sake put on a shirt Bale!" She said playfully, standing from the bed and making her way towards the living room.

Gareth held her wrist as she walked around him, he tugged her back till her back was pressed against him, "Why? Am I making you nervous Angel?" His breath hit her ears making her shiver in delight, "N-no..." She trailed off weakly.

"Are you sure?" he whispered as he turned her around to face him. Her cheeks reddened even more and he gently rubbed his thumb across her left cheek. He looked into her captivating eyes and she stared back. Her hand reached up to his, the one that was resting on her cheek. The space between them was almost non-existant until the moment was broken by the ringing of Angie's phone. They pulled away from each other slowly and both went to the phones, Angie checking hers and Gareth finding the room's phone.

After hanging up the phone Angie made her way towards Gareth who was sitting on the living room couch. They both talked as they waited for the food to arrive. No awkwardness, no judgement, just them talking and opening up with each other. She told him about her parents, who she had just talked to on the phone and how they didn't exactly have a close relationship. He told her his fears about not being able to be good enough for his team.

They spent hours on that couch, just sitting cosily, enjoying the food and each other's company. At that moment both came to realise one thing, they would rather be here than anywhere else in the world, in their messy hair, comfy clothes and each other's company.