Chapter 33

Angie's P.O.V.

The next few days were really hectic for everyone. When we came back to Madrid, the guys had a victory parade and the whole traditional celebration routine. Everyone was in high spirits and the celebration was a lot of fun.

I finally got to meet Gareth's parents and thankfully they liked me. We still weren't official yet but I'm pretty sure that his parents knew that something was going on between us.

Tonight was special though. Gareth had asked me out for a proper date night, to which I said yes, obviously.

So currently I was getting ready. He wouldn't tell me where we were going but he did tell me that it was fancy so I put on a blush coloured brocade cocktail dress with V-neck bodice and A-line skirt.

 He wouldn't tell me where we were going but he did tell me that it was fancy so I put on a blush coloured brocade cocktail dress with V-neck bodice and A-line skirt

It fell just above my knees and showed just the right amount of skin. I left my hair open and slipped on some nude pumps. As usual, I kept my make-up light and put my wallet, phone and some tissues inside my white sling bag.

After about 10 minutes, there was a knock at the door and I went to open it feeling quite nervous. It was our first official date after all. I opened the door and the sight that graced me was a drool-worthy one. Gareth Bale stood before me looking absolutely dashing in a black tux and white shirt.

 Gareth Bale stood before me looking absolutely dashing in a black tux and white shirt

I was literally dazed as I looked at him grinning at me. His pearly white teeth were fully on display and his man-bun was perfect as ever. Overall, he looked immaculate! 

"Good evening, my lady." He flirtatiously bowed as he took my hand and kissed the back of it.

My grin matched his own as I replied, "Good evening, charmer."

"If you think that this is charming then you haven't seen anything yet." He said as he handed me a white and pink bouquet of different flowers.

I chuckled and tried to hide the blush that was rising fast on my face. I put the flowers in a vase and we both headed out hand in hand.

He held the car door open for me, like the gentleman he was and quickly went to his side and got in. We talked the whole way as he drove and no matter how much I tried, he still wouldn't tell me where we were going.

Soon, we pulled up in front of a fancy looking red and black restaurant. Gareth got out and opened the door for me. Handing the keys to the valet, he placed a gentle hand on my back as we headed inside.

A tall blonde wearing a white blouse and black skirt greeted us at the reception.

"Reservation for Bale," Gareth said. She smiled, a bit dazed, which was obvious seeing as Gareth Bale was standing in front of her.

She gave us both a polite smile and led us through a private area to an elevator. We stepped in behind her and waited for the elevator to take us up.

On the roof was a beautiful setup with a table for two near the edge of the roof.

"Wow. This is beautiful." I muttered as I took in the sight in front of me.

"It is, isn't it?" He whispered in my ear from behind. His warm breath hit my ear and I shuddered. His lips ghosted over my ear as he continued, "But I think that you look even more beautiful. You left me speechless."

I tilted my head back to look at him and he gently kissed my cheek before putting a hand on my back and guiding me to the chair.

He tucked my chair in and took his seat. The waiter came and we ordered before resuming our talk. Talking to Gareth was something that came naturally. I could talk to him about anything and everything and never once did I feel uncomfortable. On the ride, we had talked about our hopes and dreams of the future. We talked about our exes as we ate, past experiences, our turn on and turn offs, and basically everything! We never had an uncomfortable moment or an awkward silence.

By the time we were done with our meal, I realized that I was falling deeper and deeper for this guy in front of me. The way his eyes sparkled when he reminisced about a happy memory or the way he scrunched his nose when he recalled some not-so-fond memories. It was fascinating to watch him.

"Ang? You okay?" Gareth asking brought me back from my la la land. I gave him a genuine smile, "Couldn't be better." And he smiled back. Man, was I falling!

Suddenly, soft music started to play and I recognized the song as A Thousand Years by Christina Perrie. Gareth got up and stood in front of me. He offered me his hand and I took it without even thinking about it. I'd follow this man to hell so what was one dance?

He led me away from the table and we started slow dancing, with him leading us. Our eyes stayed locked the whole time, not once looking away.

The song ended and another one began, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. Our eyes were still locked and the distance between us was nonexistent. "Ang...," he stopped us and took my hands in his. "The first time we talked, I felt like we had a connection. That feeling only escalated when I actually met you. You're funny, kind, supportive and honestly, I'm crazy about you." I was looking at him dumbstruck as he continued to speak. "The connection that we have is so unreal and I'm a hundred percent sure that I've never felt this way about anyone ever. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm in love you, Angie."

For a moment I just stood there, unmoving. Not being able to believe the words that just came out of his mouth. But when I did get the ability to speak, I replied with the only words that came to my mind, "I'm in love with you too, Gar."

And with that, he literally kissed me under the light of a thousand stars.