Chapter 31

Angie's P.O.V.

"Good luck Cris," I said as I hugged Cristiano. I then moved on to hug Marcelo, "All the best Marcy! Don't get hurt!"

"Thanks, Angie! And don't worry, I wouldn't." He said as he hugged me back.

"What no love for me?" Sergio pouted playfully. I giggled as I pulled him into a hug, "Good luck to you too Captain. Don't hurt and don't get hurt." 

He put a hand on his chest dramatically, "I am officially offended, Angela Walker!!"

"Sure you are, Sergi. Now run away." I said hitting him on the shoulder. I then went on a search to find Gareth to wish him one last time.

We all were in the hotel lobby, the players and their family and friends. The team was leaving for the stadium early and everyone was busy wishing them. I passed a few other guys and wished them as well before spotting the man-bun that I was looking for.

I noticed that he was talking to someone so I waited for him to finish his conversation before going over to him. "Hey, you ready?" I asked Gar as I approached him. He nodded with a small smile on his face, a fake one from what I could tell.

I immediately took his hand and pulled him away from everyone. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He replied as he forced another smile, trying to appear normal. I glared at him, "Gareth Bale if you really think that this smile is convincing enough then I'm going to punch you so hard that you wouldn't be able to play."

"You might as well do it cos I wouldn't get to play either way." He replied frustratedly as he ran a hand down his face.

"What? What are you talking about Gar?" I asked softly, putting my hand on his cheek. 

He let out a huge sigh and put his hand on top on mine, "I'm not in the starting line-up Ang." 

"Gar..." I trailed off, knowing that I couldn't say anything to make it better. I pulled him into a hug and he hugged me back tight, "Don't worry. Even though you're not in the starting line-up, you're still there and they are going to need you in the game. You need to stop thinking like this." I pulled back a little and looked at him in the eyes, "Now, get your head in the game and kick some butt, will you?"

"Yes, Ma'am." He grinned at me. I grinned at him and gave him a quick peck on lips before pulling away. "Woah, woah, woah," he said as he pulled me back into his arms, "What was that?"

"What?" I asked confused. "That." He pointed at his lips, "I'm not sure if I even felt it."

I grinned at his childishness, "Well how about you go and win this, then we can talk about more."

He grinned back, "Then you better be ready when I get back." 

"Just go, you idiot," I said pushing him away in the direction of the door, where the guys have started to leave. After they were gone, I hung out with Georgina, Clarice and the kids till it was time to get ready.

We all went to our rooms to get ready and met downstairs after an hour. I came down wearing Gareth's jersey and blue skinny jeans along with a pair of white sneakers. My hair was up in a bun and I had minimal makeup on.

I made my way downstairs and sat on a couch, waiting for everyone to arrive. When everyone was here we all went to the bus and took our seats. The streets were very crowded and every second person was either wearing a Real Madrid jersey or a Liverpool one. The atmosphere was filled with excitement and nervousness as the time came near.

We pulled up to the stadium and someone led us up towards the boxes. I was sitting in-between Clarice and Cris Junior with Little Liam on my lap. The opening ceremony started and Dua Lipa came out to perform. The atmosphere was electrifying and lively.

After the ceremony, the guys came out to warm-up and the kids were all over the glass trying to spot their fathers. The nerves built up as the time went on and soon both teams were on the pitch. The whistle went off and the match started.