Chapter 35

Third P.O.V.

Gareth paced around in his living room as he looked at his wristwatch one more time. Marcelo had called and told him a few hours ago that they both had to attend an event for Real Madrid. He was surprised by the call since it was usually the Captains who did this stuff but Marcelo had said that Sergio had a family night to attend so Gar had agreed to go.

Celo went even as far as to buy and have a tux delivered to him as a thank you for the favour so now you had an immaculate looking Gareth Bale clad in a grey fitted suit and in all his man bun glory.

The doorbell rang and Gareth immediately headed out, only to find Luka at his door.

"Hey. Are you coming with us?" Gareth asked Luka, who was dressed in a simple black suit.

The Croatian shook his head, "No, I just lost a bet to Marcelo so I have to be your chauffeur for the night. But as you can see, that," he gestured towards the limo parked, "is a limo and I can't exactly drive it so I decided to be the footman."

Gareth chuckled while shaking his head at his teammates' antics and followed Luka to the limo. Luka opened the door and closed it once Gareth got in.

The limo started it's journey to what Gareth assumed to be Marcelo's house but the man was too busy on Instagram that he didn't even notice that they were going in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile, a woman draped in a gorgeous cream and sea blue gown hurried to touch-up her makeup one last time. Her hair was twisted up into an elegant bum and on her feet was a pair was cream coloured wedges which were completely hidden by her gown.

It was almost 8 and Marcelo was due to pick her up soon. 

This morning Marcelo had woken her up, begging her to attend an event with him and Clarice. Apparently, Clarice was mad because she got insanely bored at these events and had no one to keep her company while Marcelo was busy mingling. So to make the missus happy, Marcelo had begged Angie to come with them.

After a few minutes of begging and nagging from Marcelo's side, Angie had agreed.

The doorbell forced her out of her thoughts and she went out the door quickly.

Luka was standing on her doorstep. "Longs story short, I lost a bet to Marcelo and will have to be your chauffeur for the night but since I can't exactly drive a limo, I'm what people used to call a footman. Now shall we go?" Luka ended his ramble while extending his hand towards Angie.

She laughed while taking his hand and he led her towards the limo.

It was only when she was inside, did she notice that instead of Marcelo, Gareth was sitting in front of her.

"Gar?" Angie looked at him confused and Gareth's head snapped towards her from where he was busy chatting with Cristiano.

"Ang?" He asked with the same surprised look.

"What are you doing here?" They both asked each other at the same time.

"Marcelo said-", they started to reply but shut up as a sudden realization of what had happened came to them.

"We have been set up by the Real Cupids," Angie stated as she fell against her seat.

They were silent as they let it sink in and soon both were busting out in fits of laughter.

"Real cupids?!" Gareth asked and busted out laughing once again and Angie followed after.

"Omg," Angie wheezed, "they should totally be named that!"