Revelations.

A month had passed. I was feeling good. My parents were everything I had imagined they would be. I had asked my grandma several times what had happened to my sisters and the people that kept me on land.

All she ever said was that they were looking for me. I had decided to visit them. I was angry at them for not telling me about my identity.

I could understand why they didn't mention anything but I had to hear it from them.

I reached the beach near the old place. Slowly I changed my fins into legs. My scales were now a sarong type of skirt. They caught the light making it look like I was wearing light itself.

When I got to the door, it felt weird. Something wasn't quite right. I knocked and waited for a response. No answer. I decided to check and I turned the door knob.

It popped open, so I went inside. Everything was still the same way I remembered. The picture window still had the sea blue curtains and the matching carpet.

This whole room was like it stuck in the past. Where were my adoptive parents? They never left the door open like that.

I walked through the living room, expecting to hear my mom in the kitchen tinkering with her latest creation,or see my dad on his laptop, but there was nothing.

It was almost like they didn't exist anymore. The house was silent. Something was very wrong. I walked upstairs to my old bedroom and opened the door.
,
There she was. Her long ginger curled hair was resting on her chest.She had a tiara of pearls on and she was wearing a pink satin slip dress, she had gotten for my sweet sixteen. She looked like she was sleeping so I tried to wake her.

Just as I touched her shoulder, I felt coldness come off her in waves. Where was my dad? Why would she kill herself? Did she know I'd come looking for answers?

I grew more concerned as the minutes flowed on. Suddenly the sound of the front door slamming snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hide!" I thought

I opened my closet door and slid inside. After a few minutes, I heard the front door close, followed by heavy footsteps.
From my spot in the closet, I just had a feeling, these steps didn't.belong to my adopted dad. He would never do anything to hurt anyone, let alone mom.
I listened from my spot in the closet.

"Such a shame you won't tell me where your daughter has gone. Imagine how she will feel to come back home to a corpse. "Said and unfamiliar voice.
The woman sat down by my mom. She waved a hand over her and slowly she sat up and faced the other woman.
She was now angry. Mom was not the type to fight but she could only take so much. She glared at the woman and then began to speak in a language I never heard.
Her hands began to glow, she held.up her hands making the woman on the bed fly across the room..
"Holy crow!" I thought to myself as I watched the woman fly towards my hiding place.
The woman shook her dark haired head and stood up.

"Ginger I don't want to make this hard on you. Come on, just tell me where she is. " said the woman.

" Minerva, I am done with you trying to get me to tell you. By now, she is grown and Wouldn't remember you. You couldn't hurt her especially if she's found her parents. Now what have you done with Matais?" Asked Ginger.

"He's fine. I let him go. Not sure where he is, but I know he wouldn't leave you." Said Minerva.

Just before I could keep the door in front of me closed, a hand wrapped around my mouth.

"Shh! Its me kid. Come on. Back this way. " said a familiar voice.

I turned around to see the outline of what I thought was my adopted father,Matais.

He could tell me what was going on with mom and Minerva. Maybe he could tell me why I was never told about my identity.

We walked back down a hallway I hadnt noticed before. The walls were dark and smooth almost like the walls in my new home. Sandstone was a rare find on land.

      As we walked, I saw laterns lining the walls every few feet. Then the walls got darker. At the end of the hallway was a door.

     This door looked very old. The red paint was now chipped and scratched in parts of it. We went inside, and to my surprise found a laboratory.