Ding dong and shit.

Minerva was gone. Why my mother was so upset about it, I had no clue. Neither did my father as he comforted her.
What did she mean I wasn't supposed to be able to do that? I had fire power right after I met my biological mother. She said most mermaids like me had it.
I shrugged it off as shock. Who knew what this witch had done to my mother. The necklace pulsed very faintly. It felt like the waves, ebbing to and from.

What was going on? I left my parents bedroom and walked down the hall to my old room. I missed this place. It felt safe. I walked in and sat down on my beanbag chair.

As I sat there I closed my eyes and listened to the quiet pulse of the necklace. Just as I was about to dose off for a quick nap, a voice came back to me.

"There are many people, merfolk, that would kill for this necklace. Among our kind it is the power of the royal family. It will only respond if the wearer is of royal blood. It must be protected. " spoke the voice.

I got up and walked downstairs. There on a shelf was a picture of two girls. One had ginger colored curls that fell down to her shoulders. The other had straight black hair that was blowing back in the wind.

I flipped it over and to my surprise it was labeled.
"Ginger and Minerva 2015."

No wonder my adopted mother was upset!Dummy me , I had killed my adopted Aunt!

"Oh shit! Mom! Dad! Why didnt you tell me who she was?! Just like you didn't tell me who I was! " I shouted.

" We never knew it would bring you to this. Minerva was your adopted Aunt. It was like she just changed. All of that happened after you left us. The necklace was still in its box, but Minerva wouldn't stop until she had it. " said my adopted mom.

" We were trying to protect you. We told your parents that we'd never let harm come to you. I figured if you didnt know, you'd be safe. You werent supposed to have fire power like that. No mermaid or merman has that ability. " said Ginger.
"No, my father has it. " I said as i sat up in my chair. Matais looked at his wife and then back at me.
I always knew when something was going on with my adopted parents, they weren't so great at hiding things.
Instead of Matais answering, Ginger did.

" There is a reason your parents left you girls with us. You see we are sea folk too. I am Ade's sister. "

"Wait a minute, mom's sister? So you are really my blood? My aunt? " I had to sit down. 

"Your sisters got tired of waiting to be reunited. They found out on their own about being mermaids but they never found out that we were their aunt and uncle. "