01 | LIGHTNING TATTOO

this chapter is dedicated to rosenthals  because i got my character names from her book & i love them!!

this chapter is dedicated to rosenthals because i got my character names from her book & i love them!!

ONE

lightning tattoo

(previously wine and dine)

•·················•·················•

GISELLE ORJI ALWAYS had a smile on her face. So I suppose it was fitting that her bright one was the first one I saw upon arriving at the Cove. Her rich deep skin tone glistened under the harsh rays of the sun, and her Prada double-strap sandal clad feet made their way over to our car that was currently pulling up into the driveway of our summer residence.

Paradise Cove Island Resort was an island in its own nature. It was surrounded by interesting people, breathtaking sights and the memories people leave. The white sand in the distance was encased by crystal clear waters, and through the dark shade of my sunglasses I could view the heat waves radiating in the horizon.

I'd be on the beach soon enough, working on my unacceptable pale-ish tint, laying out next to Giselle, Rosie, Tristan, Isaiah, and dare I say it, Ezekiel.

Our summer home was quite large, if I do say so myself-and that was being modest. The beach house was bigger than any regular suburban residence, not that I was complaining. Due to its ample size, I'd found a few hideouts where no one could find me if I didn't want them to.

"Giselle!" I squealed, practically bolting from the town car and slamming the door.

This earned a sharp glare from my mother's frosty eyes, and I sheepishly muttered an apology before running over to her in a few strides.

I engulfed her tiny frame in a hug, almost knocking her over.

I stood tall at 5'10, with long legs and a tiny waist that could've landed me on the pages of a magazine if I didn't protest it to the death. I did however, have somewhat of a chest and an ass, for which I was grateful.

Giselle was of smaller stature, and curvier, but she carried her weight sensuously. She was half Nigerian and half German, and her father was a powerful man in Nigeria.

I was positive he owned half the country.

Giselle's father was a scary man, with a thick accent and booming voice that still had me jumping after twelve years of knowing her.

Her mother was his polar opposite, a fair-skinned soft spoken medical doctor who pioneered a new method of treating cataracts.

Giselle herself was set on the path to success, which  I envied.

I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, which was another reason my mother seemed to hate me.

"Si, I can't tell you how happy I am to see you," Giselle gushed.