03 | SEEING STARS

NOTE: THIS ISN'T A NEW CHAPTER, I JUST SPLIT THE OLD CHAPTER 2 INTO TWO PARTS BC IT WAS TOO LONG

THREE

seeing stars

•·················•·················•

I WASN'T SURE of how many times I'd found myself waking up in Isaiah's bed, but I added one on to the total today.

My naked body was pressed against his when my eyes fluttered open to the sunlight that seeped through the windows. The warmth radiating off of his body made it  difficult for me to ever want to leave.

I sat up, not bothering to use the sheets to cover my chest, and slid out from underneath his bedding. I stayed sitting on the edge of his bed for a moment, listening to each soft intake of breath as he slept soundly.

It was a serene sort of moment, and despite how weird it sounded, I wished I could listen to him breathe forever. It was weirdly comforting.

Although Isaiah was most definitely not the only person I've slept with, each time we had sex was always the most memorable.

So, in addition to adding on to the total of waking up by his side, I added three-maybe five-more instances of memorable sex to my mental count.

His room had a large glass door leading to a balcony, and I made my way towards it, my bare skin exposed to the walls of his room.

I drew the curtains back slightly so as not to expose his sleeping figure to the full brunt of the sunlight. Pressing my hands to the glass and sliding the door open quietly, I stepped into the cool breeze of the air outside.

I wondered who was down below, looking up randomly to see a tall woman in a satin robe atop a large balcony.

Honestly, I didn't really care who saw me, but it was funny to imagine whose day I would be apart of.

His room faced the mini town that was apart of the Cove, and to the right was the space that contained the mighty sea.

I inhaled the scent of salt, basking in how freeing it felt to be standing here in this moment.

The morning sun was warm and inviting, casting down its rays softly as opposed to its harsh afternoon concentration.

"Now this is a sight I could get used to seeing."

I almost laughed at the deja vu of Isaiah coming up behind me on a balcony. It was ironic that last time it happened I was fighting the idea of going home with him, and now I was fighting the idea of ever waking up with him again.

"Don't. It won't be happening again," I told him, mostly trying to convince myself.

I threw an uninterested glance in his direction.