08 | LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

EIGHT

EIGHT

loose lips sink ships

•·················•·················•

GISELLE AND I WEAVED into the crowd of people, the sound of classical music playing live moving along with us.

My first order of business was to greet my parents as my mother instructed, and my next was . . .

"Sienna!"

My ponytail nearly slapped the curve of my cheeks as I whipped my head around to come face to face with Isaiah.

He was looking dashing with a fresh haircut and a well-tailored navy suit. He had a new addition to his ear, one lone diamond earring. He didn't know it, but earrings on men were my undoing.

Damn him and his beautiful freckles.

My breath almost caught in my throat, but I quickly composed myself and gave him a smile.

He didn't need to know of his effect on me, that was a secret I preferred to keep to myself. He was making his way through the crowd, his eyes locked on mine. There was a storm brewing beneath his irises, and goosebumps rose on my skin under the intensity of his stare.

"I have to go, find me later," I said once he was within earshot.

I could say I wanted to leave him wanting more and all that, but really I just wanted to find my family before my mother freaked out.

He looked confused, but his face soon blended into the mixture of unrecognizable faces as I tugged Giselle with me.

"That boy definitely has the hots for you, Sienna."

I glanced over at her and shot her a look. "What? No! Our attraction is only physical, I promise," I told her, trying to convince the both of us.

"If you say so . . ." she trailed off knowingly, a Giselle-esque smile on her full lips.

I was grateful that we had found my family at that very moment, as it saved me from a conversation I didn't want to have.

Ever.

Thinking about my feelings was something that I'd rather not do, especially if this was just for the summer. They would cause nothing but unrest between Isaiah and I, and I liked where we stood at the moment.

Clothes off in private, good friends in public.

"Daddy," I greeted simply with a grin, leaning in to kiss his cheek.

His eyes were tired as they always were, but he looked otherwise handsome, his salt-and-pepper locks gelled down to perfection.

My dad reacted with a tight hug, and he pressed a kiss on my forehead.