29 | STALKER

TWENTY-NINE

TWENTY-NINE

stalker

•·················•·················•

     FLIPPING THE SUN visor down, I attempted to block today's overzealous sun from blinding me completely.

     Isaiah cruised down the street, tapping the steering wheel in tune to the music playing from his surround sound and pretty much just ignoring me.

     The only thing that let me know that I wasn't invisible was his hand absently placed on my thigh.

     I spent the night on the beach with Isaiah in a huge tent that he recruited Zeke to help him set up. The inside was ready with a large speaker, projector lights, and warm blankets to prepare for the temperature drop.

     The night would have been perfect, if it wasn't for me having to jump around his inquiries about my phone conversation.

     Sure, we were. . . exclusive or whatever, but it wasn't his business and it wasn't my business to tell.

     In his mind, I refusing to open up. I was being classic Sienna, closed off and unwilling to let him in despite the fact that we were dating. He thought he'd finally made a breakthrough with me, and he was right—he had. I just couldn't open up about this.

     I reassured him that I was one-hundred and ten percent down for this, but that it was a private matter and he had to respect it.

     Grudgingly, he agreed to let it go, but I knew Isaiah. It was going to sit in the back of his handsome head. That much was evident in the way he'd rolled over with his back to me and went to sleep, and his uncharacteristic silence this morning.

     Oh well.

     I had more important things to overthink—like which tanning oil I was going to use today. My color was golden from a successful summer so far, but with a perfect tan came the need for maintenance.

     Isaiah pulled into my street swiftly, parking exactly six inches from the curb. He was very careful about his car. He wouldn't even let me drive it around the block—though I didn't blame him.

     I knew I wasn't the best driver, and that was putting it lightly.

     "Good talk today," I said dryly, grasping the handle to get out after he shifted the gear to park.

     "Sorry," he said with a sigh. "I'm not mad at you. Just frustrated." Isaiah smiled, reaching out to grasp the nape of my neck and pull me in for a kiss.

     I rolled my eyes. He was just gonna have to get over it, because I wasn't sorry.

     "You sure you don't wanna come over? It's beautiful out."