15 | AYE, AYE, CAPTAIN

FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN

aye, aye, captain

•·················•·················•

"WAIT... WAIT... I did what?"

I stifled a laugh that threatened to spill as Giselle stared at me with a look that could only be described as utter horror. I had just finished filling her in on last night's events, except for the deliberate omission of my spat with Isaiah.

"This isn't funny," she said in exasperation. Giselle threw me a cold glare, running a hand through her disheveled mass of hair.

She was perched on my bed with her short legs tucked underneath of her. Dark smudges adorned her eyes in designer fashion, and to be as frank as possible—she looked like a train wreck. But, being Giselle, she was a beautiful train wreck.

That much I couldn't deny.

"Sorry, sorry!" I regained my composure, but the whole ordeal was just too comical. "You drunkenly danced on top of a bar, until I pulled you down. But don't be so ashamed, honey, it happens to the best of us." I stuffed a fist in my mouth to curb the body wracking laughter that threatened to escape.

Drunken bar dancing did not actually happen to all of us, but I decided to spare her the facts. She was delirious enough already.

Giselle whacked me with a pillow, hard.

I nearly fell off the bed, but caught myself before I hit the hardwood with a thud.

"Oh my God, no. That's so embarrassing!" She covered her face with her hands, peeking out at me from between her fingers.

I pursed my lips. "It was, in fact, embarrassing. But the past is in the past," I informed her wisely.

"Did Tristan see?" she questioned sheepishly.

I lifted an interested eyebrow. "That's what you're worried about? If Tristan saw? Try the whole club."

The audacity of her question! Here she was, just having been informed that she went on a spree across an expensive bar counter, yet she was worried about my brother.

And still, they both denied any sort of undercover sprees. As if I was blind, an idiot, or both.

Giselle spluttered, shaking her head. "I just... I mean... Did he see?"

"Yes, he did. He was the one that pointed out your little version of Dirty Dancing."

"That's it. I'm never ever drinking again, and you'll make sure that I stay sober," Giselle said, locking me in a serious gaze.

"You say that every time. But if empty promises are what you desire, then yes, I'll keep you away from the grasps of alcohol." I rolled my eyes, getting off the bed. "Now let's go downstairs and eat. I'm starving."