09 | GRIN AND BEAR IT

this chapter is dedicated to @okayosterfield because she left me the sweetest pm ever and it made my whole week!!

NINE

grin and bear it

•·················•·················•

ONE THING I never really had an understanding of was the human need to argue in a stressful situation.

My head was beginning to hurt from the mixture of voices, octaves clashing against one another violently. I pressed my fingers to my temples, willing myself to block out their voices.

It had been five minutes since we found Zeke unconscious, and we still hadn't reached a decision about what to do.

I knew as well as everyone else in the room that the longer we left him passed out, the worse it would be for him.

Mateo, my handsome almost-hookup, was adamant that we should call and ambulance and get him to the nearest hospital.

Tristan thought we should just get him home and leave him to rest, while Isaiah interjected that there would be no way to lug his heavy body off the yacht and back to his house.

"Guys," I spoke, attempting to get the attention of the three arguing men.

"Guys," I said louder this time, getting up from my kneeling position.

When no one responded to me, and voices continued to fly over one another, I placed my hands on my hips.

What was it with men and their inability to listen to a woman?

It wasn't as if my voice was shy and timid. I was pretty much full on yelling, and that made my head pound even harder.

"Shut the fuck up!"

The voices stop, and all three heads turned to look at me with confusion.

"God, stop talking for one second. The testosterone is sickening." I rolled my eyes, pushing at the chests of Mateo and Isaiah to separate them. "I have an idea, if you idiots are willing to listen."

They looked at me, chests heaving in anger.

"Good. I just realized, Giselle's mother is on this boat. And she just so happens to be a doctor. An eye surgeon, but still a doctor nonetheless. I'm sure she knows the basics." Giselle's mother was a world renowned surgeon, and I'm sure she'd be willing to help.

Tristan nodded slowly, running the idea over in his brain. "You're right." He reached his fingers to check Zeke's pulse once more, pausing. "His pulse is still thready, and I think he's only gonna get weaker."

Zeke's shallow, irregular breaths made my heart speed up.

What if we were doing the wrong thing here?