Chapter 7 - Where is she?!

Chapter Seven - Where is she?!

Xavier POV

(Day of the rejection)

"I'm so sorry" She said quickly picking up her books from the floor and standing up again,

"I apologise Alpha" she said quietly bowing my head

"Whatever, now move" I said and pushed her again, sparks ran through my body, I quickly turned to her and looked into her eyes

"Mate" I muttered making the wolves in the corridor gasp and look at me.

She smiled slightly but it quickly fell as she saw me shake my head.

"You are not my mate, my mate was meant to be beautiful, skinny and perfect, and you are the complete opposite" I spat in disgust as I looked her up and down.

She shook her head no as tears fell from her eyes, "Please don't" she begged quietly.

I ignored her as if I never heard her "I Xavier James, Alpha of the moon beam pack reject you Skylar Mark as my mate" I stated finally, I flinched as our connection broke.

With that I walked away, my body tense and stiff.

My friends around me laughed and patted me on the back. Not feeling in the mood to be at school or around anyone today I left and went for a run in the woods for the whole day, it was nice.

After school had finished I went to the pack house to hang out with my friends, thankfully none of them mentioned the rejection.

Half an hour later someone knocked on the door, I looked up and saw Jace standing there with tears in his eyes as he held a bit of paper limply in his hands

"What's happened!" I asked standing up and rushing over to him, he never cries, not since his parents died.

"She's gone" he whispered brokenly

"Who's gone" I asked confused

He handed me the note.

Dear whoever is reading this

You were probably on your way to beat me or do your homework or do a job for you but I'm afraid I am not there for you.

I have had enough.

I have given up.

I stayed around to stay close to my mum and dad. But i can't do it anymore. Being rejected by my mate tipped me over the edge.

I looked after you all, i fed you, i did your homework and did your washing. I was your personal maid. But not anymore.

I will not listen to you anymore.

I have run away. from all of you. My heart is broken, my soul crushed and my wolf silent. Because of you.

To my dear brother I hope you find peace in knowing you won't have to see my ugly face anymore. well congrats you just lost you last family member.

To my dear mate, I hope you rot in hell.

You won't ever find me again, and don't even think about looking for me.

I hope i never see you again

Skylar Marks.

I looked at the note as my insides ran cold

"What's happened?" some of my friends asked as me and Jace both stood there looking at each other in shock.

"It's all my fault" we both whispered at the same time.

"It was me Jace, I'm so sorry" I said looking down ashamed of myself.

"No, it wasn't it was all of us, we should have helped and comforted her but instead we pushed her away and abused her" he said brokenly.

Not caring if anyone was looking at us, me and Jace pulled each other into a comforting hug as tears left our eyes.

Everyone was silent as they watched our exchange

"She will come back" I whispered "She has to" I was trying to convince myself and Jace but we both knew it probably would never come true.

(Present)

I was sitting in my study like always, I was still trying to find Skylar, but after a week we found nothing. I called all the Alpha's but they all said they hadn't seen her.

My heart broke more every day and Jace hasn't been the same since, he doesn't eat or sleep as he is always studying maps and calling places trying to find his last family member. I even had to command him with my Alpha voice yesterday to eat something even if it was only a few mouthfuls of his dinner. Although I was the same as him but because I am the Alpha I need to be strong for my pack.

I was getting really worried about him.

I had hired several private investigators but they came back with nothing.

I was losing hope.

Everyone was when they heard about what had happened.

Everyone was doing what they could, making posters, asking friends in other packs.

It was dinner now and we were all consumed in our own thoughts, with only a few words spoken between everyone, silence had become a regular guest at the table. Some women of the pack now do the food and dinners for everyone.

I regret the rejection I made that day and if I could take it back I would, if I could turn back the clock I would. I think right now the whole pack wishes they could turn the clocks back and redo everything that has happened these last few years.

Me and Jace aren't jumping from girl to girl any more, in fact I haven't been with anyone.

My wolf wont speak to me any more, making me feel alone and empty.

My heart is shattered, my soul is crushed. But as long as Skylar is happy and safe I don't care how much pain I'm in.

I just wish I didn't find out I loved her so late.