Chapter 13 - Training

Skylar POV

"Skylar...can you ever forgive me?" Jace asked quietly when everyone was quiet

I paused and thought about it, but I couldn't tell one thought from the next they all just jumbled together to make one.

"I-I-I'll think about it Jace but what you and the pack did was unforgivable and I'm just not ready to forgive you yet, but give it time" I said quietly and then turned my attention back to Zander who was talking to himself about who he was going to fight and with what weapons.

"Mummy?" Zander asked from my lap after he stopped his mini conversation.

"Yes baby?" I asked back bouncing my knees slightly.

"Can I use the double edged, double ended silver blade today?" He asked making me giggle.

"Zander, I got you that knife for your birthday and I told you, you can use it anytime you like in training just let me know when you are using it" I said rolling my eyes at him making him giggle and rest his head on my shoulder as I poured his milk onto his cereal.

"Thank you mummy" Zander said and kissed my cheek before grabbing the biggest spoon he could find and diving into his cereal making me roll my eyes as he tried to fit the spoon into his mouth while it was full of cereal without dribbling the milk down his new top.

Giggling I grabbed two napkins, one to wipe his mouth and the other to tuck into the neck of his top so that the milk doesn't fall onto his top.

After breakfast was over we all changed into our work out gear and both packs met outside.

I was at the front with my pack on either side of me and Xavier and his pack in front of me

"Everyone drop and do 100 push ups, if anyone stops or complains I will add another 100!" I called, "NOW DROP!" and immediately everyone dropped and started doing their push ups, even Timmy and Zander.

"AHHHHH" I heard a girly voice call making everyone look at her but not stop.

"What?!" I called to her.

"I got mud all over my new white top" she screeched, I recognised her as a cheerleader that was on the team when we were at school.

"Well then you should be wearing old clothes and not white clothes" I stated "Now everyone has to do 200 more push ups because you stopped AND complained" I said smiling at them.

"Hey how come we are doing all the work and your standing there watching?" she asked stopping again.

"I am the best fighter here, I know what I am doing and guess what" I said smiling sarcastically at the end.

"What?" she asked.

Zander and Timmy answered her for me together.

"YOU HAVE TO DO 200 MORE PRESS UPS BECAUSE YOU STOPPED AND COMPLAINED!" they called out still doing press ups, Xavier's pack groaned but my pack did this almost everyday so they were used to it.

"Come on you have to have done 500 push ups by this afternoon or guess who will be doing extra training after lunch" I said happily.

At 11 o'clock all my pack were done and a few from the other pack where done and I decided to show the other pack why I was the best fighter there.

"Zander, Timmy" I called them from where they were sitting. "Can you count how many I do until it gets to 12 o'clock so we can go and have lunch?" I asked.

"Okay mummy" Zander and Timmy sat beside me and i dropped and started doing some press ups

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,.......................150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155,.....................324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330,..............................489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494...........................567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572,.......................630, 631, 632, 633, 634,.................700, 701, 702, 703, 704,....................799, 806!!"