Chapter 19 - Goodbye and Good Luck

Xavier POV

They were leaving.

She is leaving.

They're all going home to their friends and families.

Me and my pack will be at war soon.

I have to say goodbye to my mate for the last time and never see her again, and this time I have to say goodbye to her brother and my close friend as well as he officially left my pack last night and joined theirs.

Right now everyone was either packing or saying goodbye to friends they have made or are sitting in the kitchen and talking away, I was sitting at the head of the table like normal watching everything happen around me. I felt lost and like I would never be found again; like when you're a kid and you get lost in the shops and just sit on the floor crying, waiting for someone to come and find you, but I couldn't sit and cry waiting to be found; I was their Alpha and at times like this you have to be strong; if not for your own mind, at least for everyone else's.

We were all now on the front porch with everyone getting into their cars with my pack standing on the steps and around the house.

Skylar walked up to me slowly with Zander on her hip and Jace by her side.

"Cya man" Jace said and we man hugged.

"You better stay in touch with me man" I said quietly.

"Try and stop me" he said quietly back smiling.

He stepped back and let Zander and Skylar come forward.

"Bye-Bye Alpha Xavier, I forgive you for hurting mummy" he said as he leaned from Skylar's arms and into mine and hugged me round my neck.

"Bye Zander, you're gonna be just like your mummy, big.... strong.... and scary" I whisper in his ear, making him giggle which made me chuckle.

He let go and Jace took him and strapped him into his car seat.

Skylar came up to me next and and wrapped her arms around my neck as well.

"Bye Xavier" she whispered in my ear.

"Bye Skylar, I hope you find the happiness you deserve" I whispered sadly in her ear and then gently kissed her cheek, she pulled back slightly and looked me in the eye.

"You're a great Alpha Xavier, good luck in the fight and make sure you find a good Alpha Female to rule by your side" she whispered and then kissed me gently on my lips making me sigh and kiss her back. She pulled away smiling gently at me, "Bye Xavier" she said as she let go and walked away and got in her car and drove off following all the other cars, we all waved them off and then started filing our way back in, me entering last as I whisper a last goodbye into the wind letting the wind carrying it away after Skylar.

It has been 3 days since Skylar and her pack left and we all soon got into a routine of doing training in the morning and then we all have lunch together and then everyone spends the rest of the day with their family and friends while me and some other high members of the pack go though attack plans.

1 more week.

1 more week and me and my pack will be at war.

Skylar POV

3 days we have been back, we had a party, welcoming us back and welcoming Jace into the pack.

Right now I was in the gym in the dance studio, with mirrors on every wall and ballet poles going around the outside. I loved to dance for both exercises and fun. I like to dance my emotions out with all types of music.

"Mummy?" I heard a little voice call over the loud music that was being blasted from my docking station and echoing around the room.

I spun around and saw Zander and Jace standing at the door smiling with lots of toys in their hands.

I walked over to the docking station and paused the song and then went over to them and picked Zander up and snuggled him close to me.

"Did you have fun at the fair with Uncle Jace?" I asked smiling.

"Yeah, we went on every ride and I had lots of candy floss and sweeties and a hot dog!!" Zander said hugging my neck, his excited voice slightly muffled by my neck.

"Oh, did you now?" I asked raising an eyebrow at Jace ''I thought I told you not too many sweets'' I asked sternly.

"I couldn't say no Skylar, he pulled the puppy dog face on my whenever he asked and I couldn't tell him no" he pleaded making me giggle.

"I know what you mean, I have learnt to ignore it most times"

"Right mister" I said looking down at Zander in my arms half asleep "I think it is your bedtime"

In actual fact it is later than his bed time, his usual bedtime is 7, half 7 being the latest and right now it is 8 o'clock.

"Say night to Uncle Jace" i whisper as we were walking out and smiled at Jace

"Night Uncle Jace" he mumbled, his eyes drooping closed, making me smile and carry him up the stairs.

It was 11 o'clock and I was sitting alone in the living room, only a small lamp on so I don't wake anyone and I was just sitting there thinking.

"You miss him" I heard Jace's deep voice whisper from behind me making me jump.

"Yeah" I whisper back as he walked round the sofa and sitting next to me "But I don't want him like that, I'm going to find someone to love me for who I am and actually appreciate me"

"Yeah, I know you will" He whispered kissing the side of my head as I laid my head on his shoulder, "You deserve it after all the things everyone has put you though"

Nodding we both sit in silence, sleep slowly pulling at our minds.

The next morning we both wake up to the chatter of the pack waking up on a Monday morning as everyone rushes around getting ready for school.

"Is it always like this?" Jace asks looking round with wide eyes.

"Yeah" I said "What's the pack like now? Has it changed much?"

"Everyone still did their own thing and it was quiet, really quiet compared to right now" he said and then his lips pulled into a smile "I prefer it here, it feels more like a home"

"Good because this is your home now" I said and then we went off and got ready for the day ahead.