Chapter 18 - Last day with the Moon Beam Pack

Skylar POV

It was our last day with the Moon Beam Pack. I have been spending the week with Jace and getting him back to normal and helping him become less alcohol dependent and making memories good memories together.

Right now me, Jace and Zander are at the lake and waterfall swimming and messing around with me taking pictures when I can.

"Jace, Zander come and sit down and have some lunch then you can go and play again" I called to them as they played in the waterfall.

"5 MORE MINUTES?!" They called back over the rush of the waterfalls splashing water.

"No come here now, the longer you wait the less time you have to play after!" I called back hands on my hips as I stood on the rock.

Hanging their heads they started making their way over to me, wading through rippling the water.

"Come on I had your favourites, peanut butter and jam sandwiches!'' I said, making them both start running through the water, making me giggle at their excited expressions.

During the lunch of junk food and sandwiches I took pictures of either Jace on his own or messing around with Zander or me with him.

"Okay help me clean up then you can go and play again" I said as we started packing the food away.

Once everything was packed away Zander was off and diving through the water.

"He's a good kid Skylar" Jace whispered looking at him trying to catch the small fishes.

"Yeah" I sighed, smiling.

"But you know he looks like this girl I met like 3 or 4 years ago at a pub" he said deep in thought.

My head snapped up "What was her name?" I whispered.

"Urmm I don't know I was soooo drunk, something like A-A-A something" he said looking down frowning.

"Amy?" I whispered.

"Yeah that's it! Amy she had auburn hair and big blue eyes, lone wolf and didn't want a pack"

"Oh my god" I whispered looking at Jace "You're Zander's dad" I whispered.

"What, how?" he asked, frowning.

"Zander's mum left him with a letter, her name was Amy, she was a lone wolf and didn't want a pack but wanted Zander to grow up in one, she said she hoped he grew up to be as wonderful as his father" I said quietly thoughts running through my head but not making sense.

"Oh my god" he whispered "I have a son, YOUR son. You raised my son" he kept muttering about Zander and being his son "I told her if I had a boy I would name him Zander" he said after a moment's thought.

"You were drunk yet you remember so much. You definitely talk too much if you're drunk as well, baby names? Really?" I said suspiciously.

"It's because she wasn't just any girl I met at a pub, she was my mate" he whispered, "she was only in town for 3 days and we met up each day, I tried to convince her to stay but she refused and left, I never heard from her again"

"Awe Jace, I'm so sorry" I whispered wrapping my arms around his neck and bringing him in for a hug, he cried into my shoulder for I don't know how long when Zander came up to us.

"Uncle Jace, why are you crying?" he asked coming over and sitting on Jace's lap as Jace sat up again wiping his eyes.

"I just realised something that's all buddy" he whispered and looked at Zander "Did you get any fish?" he asked, Zander shook his head frowning.