Epilogue

Epilogue 

20 years later

Skylar POV

I'm now 40, happily married with 5 beautiful children. I have my own little house in the pack village. Timmy is now 28 and has his own family but still visits me. Right now I am sitting on my back porch with my husband Jesse, who I met at the coffee shop when I was 20, Damien and Georgia watching our kids play.

Zander is now 23 and still a monkey and deeply in love with Skye who is 20, they both live with the Wolf King and Queen when needed so they can learn everything they need to know for when they take over, but it is rare they are there as they know more than the actual king and queen sometimes.

My second oldest is Payton, she is 14 and has my red hair and Jesse's honey brown eyes.

My middle child is Shaun, he is 12 and a handful with dark brown hair and green eyes like mine.

My fourth oldest is Cole, he is 8 almost 9 and has auburn hair and honey brown eyes.

Then my youngest child is Marci, she is 6 and had Jesse's brown hair and my green eyes.

My children are almost as well respected as Damien's in the pack and everyone just loves them. Jesse and I got married when I was 24, I had to tell him about werewolves as he was a human, but had me change him into a werewolf after we got married so he can protect me from anything in the wolf world.

I haven't seen Xavier since the day we said good-bye before he went to war.

Jace fell in love with a lone wolf called Jasmine and they have 2 children, Amy and Mark, both their mates' names as they both lost their loves.

Damien and Georgia have 2 other children as well, a little boy and a little girl, twins. I have a suspicion that the little girl, Paige, is mates with Shaun, they are both 12 and are so cute together, and their little boy, Peter, is best friends with Shaun and gives him glares when he and Paige start flirting a little.

"Mummy!" a little voice squealed.

"Yes bunny" I asked Marci and I picked her up and sat her on my lap. I call her bunny because she can never sit still and is always hopping around.

"I saw Zander and Skye's car come in" she said excitedly, Zander and Skye have been away for the month with the King and Queen.

I got up and put Marci on her feet, "you go play and I'll bring him round the back"

"Okay" she said and went back to playing football with the boys and Payton.

Smiling I made my way to get up only to be stopped by Jesse.

"Where you going?" he asked kissing me gently.

"Mmm, I was about to go say hi to Zander and Skye" I said as I snuggled into his warm chest.

"I thought they weren't going to make it" he said smiling happily, he loved Zander and Skye as much as me.

"I thought so to" I said and kissed his lips gently.

I walked around the side of the house to the front to see Zander and Skye climb out of the car.

"Zander! Skye!" I called as they ran towards me and tackled me in a group hug.

"Mum!" They both shouted in my ear giggling.

"How was the trip" I asked as I kissed their cheeks.

"It was okay, the King and Queen said they will be stepping down in 3 years or so though" Skye's musical voice said half excited and half worried.

"Don't worry my dears, you will be fine and the best rulers" I said comfortingly.

"Now come on, you came back just in time for our annual BBQ, I was starting to think you weren't going to make it"

"I'll go get the bags" Skye said as she walked off.

Zander pulled me into a bear hug and kissed my cheek "Love you mummy" he whispered in my ear before chasing after Skye and helping her with the bags.

Xavier POV

I am 41 and happily married to a lone wolf called Rose, she is 39 and has long blond hair and brown eyes that shine. We met at a club when I went out with some boys in my pack. I only have half a left ear still and she said it looks badass and super sexy on me, but I know she is just saying that because I always feel so self conscious about it.

We have 3 children:

Conor is the oldest at 13 and he will be the future alpha, he has my brown hair and his mum's shining brown eyes.

Nora is the middle child and my only daughter so I spoil her rotten and threaten all the boys away as even at 10 she is beautiful with long blond hair and my green eyes.

Then my youngest is Kade, he is 7 and has his mum's blonde hair and my green eyes.

I haven't seen or heard from Skylar since our last goodbye twenty years ago, I have thought about her a lot, did she find her happily ever after?

I am still in contact with Jace but we don't talk as much any more.

"Daddy?" my daughter Nora asked as she skipped around me "Can we go to McDonald's for lunch?"

"Of course baby" I said and we made our way over there.

After we got our food and sat down Nora asked me a question I knew would appear at some point but not yet

"Daddy...some people say mum isn't your mate, is it true?"

"No baby; I rejected my mate when I was young and stupid, she came back with a new pack and son 3 years later so we could be trained for the war. She left the week before and I haven't heard from her since, but I love mummy so much" I whisper the last part and I lean down and kiss her forehead.

"Okay daddy...was she nice?" she asked quietly, resting her head on my shoulder as we ate.

"She was very nice and helps everyone"

"Was she pretty?"

"Very pretty, with long red hair and bright green eyes"

"Do you wish you didn't reject her?"

"No...because if I never rejected her, I would have never met your mum and you would have never existed" I said smiling at her, she smiled back.

"Love you daddy" she whispered and carried on eating.